The Mental Toughness IQ Matrix explores how to develop the mental strength and emotional resilience you will need to help you overcome adversity. Often the level of success you attain is proportional to the amount of adversity you ultimately face. Those who are successfully able to face and overcome the greatest amount of adversity are often the ones who experience the greatest amount of success. Why? Because adversity helps build character and allows us to learn more about ourselves, about others, about circumstances and about the goals we are working towards. Then, of course, it’s up to each one of us to adapt accordingly and make the necessary adjustments moving forward.
Here is a quick breakdown of each branch of the Mental Toughness IQ Matrix:
- What is Mental Toughness?: The first branch of this map explores what mental toughness is all about. However, developing mental toughness is certainly not possible under certain mental and emotional conditions. You will first need to work through these areas in order to clear the path towards developing mental toughness. It’s also absolutely critical at this stage that you define what mental toughness means for you. You can then use this definition to lay down a plan of action for developing mental toughness in the long-run.
- Requirements for Mental Toughness: The second branch of this map can be used as a checklist of sorts that you can use for guidance to help you work on key critical areas for developing mental toughness in your life. Working through each of these areas may take some time, but developing mental toughness isn’t something that we do overnight. It’s rather something we develop over time through continuous use and practice just like working out a muscle at the gym 3 to 4 times per week over the course of several years.
- Mentally Tough People: The final three branches of the map unlock the habits, behaviors, beliefs, actions and the mindset of mentally tough people. Reading through this list will help you gain a better understanding of what it takes to develop mental toughness over the long haul. There is certainly a lot here. But it’s important not to get overwhelmed by trying to do too much at once. Just pick a few areas and begin working through them over the next few days or weeks. Then when you feel comfortable, move to the next area. Step-by-step progression is the key.
Stick with these principles, memorize and incorporate them into your life, and you will progressively strengthen your mental toughness and resolve in the face of adversity. No longer will unexpected problems or challenging conditions phase you mentally or emotionally. They won’t phase you because you will be fully prepared and ready like a highly skilled and trained warrior stepping onto the battlefield of life.
When you purchase the Mental Toughness IQ Matrix you will receive:
- A PDF copy of the IQ Matrix, which you can use for printing in high resolution.
- A JPG image file of the IQ Matrix, which is ideal for viewing on tablets and mobile devices.
- A MindManager file for those who wish to edit the content of the IQ Matrix.
- A printable PDF eBook summary of this IQ Matrix to help you better understand each concept.
About the MindManager file format
This file can be opened and edited using MindManager mind mapping software. Alternatively, you can also use iMindMap or the free mind mapping software xMind to open this map. Please, however, be aware that opening this file using another software besides MindManager will alter the formatting of the map. However, all content will be intact and the map can still be edited and reformatted to suit your purposes. This file is zipped and can be unzipped using file archiver software. We recommend you use the free open source 7-zip software.
For further details, please view the FAQ page.