The Becoming a Person of Influence IQ Matrix explores what it takes to become a person of influence in your field, profession, or industry. Becoming a person of influence has very little to do with the strength of your sales, negotiation, or persuasive abilities. In fact, in some circumstances, it’s not so much what you do, but rather what you refrain from saying or doing that has the greatest impact on your social interactions with others. And it is this seemingly insignificant difference that helps you establish deep levels of rapport with the people in your life; thereby, strengthening your character and enhancing your ability to gently influence others to your way of thinking.
As you work your way through this map you will discover what it takes to influence other people on a deep level. This will require developing your listening and rapport creation skills. You will also need to address your communication style and technique. The development of these skills will help you gain more influence over the people you love, teach, and serve.
Here is a quick breakdown of each branch of the Becoming a Person of Influence mind map.
- Building Rapport: The first branch of this map delves into essential rapport creation tactics you can use to gain influence over the people in your life. The branch specifically breaks down what to do and what not to do. It also highlights how to mirror other people to help you establish more profound levels of rapport.
- Master How to Listen: The second branch of this map lays down a solid groundwork for what it takes to become an active listener. This is the largest branch out of the three because listening is at the core of personal influence. Here you will gain insight into the six-stages and the nine-filters of listening. This will help you to develop your active listening skills more readily. Moreover, you are provided with guidelines on what to do and not do when it comes to active listening.
- Master How to Talk: The final branch of this map explores fundamental speaking principles that we must adapt to become an influential communicator in a personal and public setting. This branch breaks down the do’s and don’ts of how to communicate more effectively and get your desired message across to your audience in an impactful way.
This map provides a roadmap and framework for developing your influence and social skills. Referencing it regularly and committing it to memory will help you to embed these concepts and ideas into your subconscious mind.
A mind map, of course, does this beautifully because it mirrors the synaptic connections made in your brain as you try to establish new habits of thought and behavior. It brings together key concepts and ideas that help your brain to fully integrate and process this information. The brain, subsequently, rewires itself as it attempts to establish new habits of mind. It’s an ideal tool for creating lasting change and transformation.
Stick with these principles, memorize and incorporate them into your daily interactions with others, and you will progressively gain more influence and develop the ability to positively impact the lives of those around you.
When you purchase the Person of Influence IQ Matrix you will receive:
- A PDF copy of two versions of this IQ Matrix, which you can use for printing in high resolution.
- A JPG image file of the IQ Matrix, which is ideal for viewing on tablets and mobile devices.
- A Desktop Background version of the map you can use for reference on your computer.
- A MindManager file for those who wish to edit the content of the IQ Matrix.
- A printable PDF summary of this IQ Matrix to help you better understand each concept.
Additional visual resources and variations of this IQ Matrix might be added to your account page at no extra cost in the future.