The Psychology of Persuasion IQ Matrix explores how to develop your persuasive skills to help you influence people in a personal and professional setting. Whether we realize it or not, we are being persuaded by our friends, family, colleagues, strangers, the government, and the media each day. Much of this persuasion is very subtle in the way that it stimulates our hidden needs, wants, and motivations to live a better and more fulfilling life. For the lucky few, the art of persuasion comes naturally and effortlessly. Yet for many others, who have not yet mastered this fine psychological art, the world is a daily struggle that leads them into ever deeper pits of emotional disappointment.
Working through this map you will discover how to become a more persuasive individual. This will help you sway others to your way of thinking in a social, personal, or professional setting.
Here is a quick breakdown of each branch of the Psychology of Persuasion mind map.
- Personal Persuasion: The first branch of this map breaks down the requirements for becoming more persuasive in a social and professional setting. Specifically, persuasion requires honor, trust, and presence. You also need to learn certain skills to help you grow your persuasive ability.
- Human Motivators: The second branch of this map explores the various human motivators that influence our behavior, decisions, and actions throughout the day. Understanding what these motivators are and then using them as part of your persuasive message will help you to influence people to your way of thinking. These motivators have been divided into Pleasure Seeking and Pain Avoiding motivators. Included also are the Six Human Needs that can, likewise, be used to motivate people to think and act a certain way.
- The 7-Step Persuasion Process: The third branch of this map takes you through a seven-step process you can use to become more persuasive while selling your product, service, or idea. The steps of this process include (1) identifying the person’s problem, (2) encouraging the person to imagine life without the problem, (3) providing logical and emotional solutions to the problem, (4) triggering a variety of human motivators, (5) combatting resistance, (6) highlighting an ideal vision of the future, and (7) providing an irresistible guarantee. Use these steps as a guide to help you deliver your persuasive message to an individual or group.
- The Laws of Persuasion: The final branch of this map outlines various laws of persuasion that you can use to entice people to buy your idea and take action toward a desired outcome. The laws include the law of connectivity, social validation, dissonance, obligation, self-esteem, involvement, association, scarcity, and balance. These laws were inspired by the work of Robert Cialdini.
This map provides a roadmap and framework for using persuasive tools and techniques to help you get your way in almost any situation. Referencing it regularly and committing it to memory will help you to embed these concepts and ideas into your subconscious mind.
A mind map, of course, does this beautifully because it mirrors the synaptic connections made in your brain as you try to establish new habits of thought and behavior. It brings together key concepts and ideas that help your brain to fully integrate and process this information. The brain, subsequently, rewires itself as it attempts to establish new habits of mind. It’s an ideal tool for creating lasting change and transformation.
Stick with these principles, memorize and incorporate them into your life, and you will progressively understand how to gain the influence you need to persuade people to buy your product, service, or idea. Likewise, you will discover that your influence over your family and friends will grow as you apply these principles to your social life.
When you purchase the Psychology of Persuasion IQ Matrix you will receive:
- A PDF copy of two versions of this IQ Matrix, which you can use for printing in high resolution.
- A JPG image file of the IQ Matrix, which is ideal for viewing on tablets and mobile devices.
- A Desktop Background version of the map you can use for reference on your computer.
- A MindManager file for those who wish to edit the content of the IQ Matrix.
- A printable PDF summary of this IQ Matrix to help you better understand each concept.
Additional visual resources and variations of this IQ Matrix might be added to your account page at no extra cost in the future.