The Problem Solving Skills IQ Matrix explores how to improve your ability to work through problems using a progressive series of steps developed for problem-solving. To become a great problem solver requires a little more than a set of effective problem-solving techniques. In fact, your ability to solve problems starts in your head at a psychological level. If you never take the time to fully condition your mind and prepare it for the act of problem-solving, then you will struggle to consistently adopt the daily behaviors and rituals that are at the core of effective problem-solving.
Working through this map will help you understand what it takes to solve just about any life problem you might face. The techniques outlined here are also quite flexible and adaptable. You can, therefore, use them in a variety of ways and for different purposes in life, at school, on the job, and much more.
Here is a quick breakdown of each branch of the Problem Solving Skills mind map.
- The Problem Solver Mentality: The first branch of this map outlines the attitude, beliefs, habits, and characteristics of an outstanding problem solver. Here you will gain a thorough understanding of the mentality it takes to solve problems. Your ability to solve problems will only be limited by your mindset. And, in particular, your attitude, habits, and the beliefs you choose to adopt. For this very reason, it’s paramount that you work on your mentality first before jumping into the problem-solving process.
- Problem Solving Process: The second branch of this map breaks down the primary problem-solving method you should be using to work through any challenges you might face. The phases of this process include (1) the preparation phase, (2) the generation phase, (3) the incubation phase, (4) the evolution phase, (5) the implementation phase, and (6) the learning phase. The map breaks down each phase and presents you with several self-reflection questions that will help you to work through each phase far more effectively.
- Problem Solving Methods: The final branch of this map explores the mindset you must cultivate into your daily thinking practices, and the actions you need to take to become an effective problem solver. A useful problem-solving method described here is using perspective lenses for solving problems.
This map provides a roadmap and framework for solving problems far more effectively. Referencing it regularly and committing it to memory will help you to embed these concepts and ideas into your subconscious mind.
A mind map, of course, does this beautifully because it mirrors the synaptic connections made in your brain as you try to establish new habits of thought and behavior. It brings together key concepts and ideas that help your brain to fully integrate and process this information. The brain, subsequently, rewires itself as it attempts to establish new habits of mind. It’s an ideal tool for creating lasting change and transformation.
Stick with these principles, memorize and incorporate them into your daily thinking regime, and you will progressively overcome any problem that life throws your way using simple yet very effective problem-solving methods.
When you purchase the Problem Solving Skills IQ Matrix you will receive:
- A PDF copy of the IQ Matrix, which you can use for printing in high resolution.
- A JPG image file of the IQ Matrix, which is ideal for viewing on tablets and mobile devices.
- A Desktop Background version of the map you can use for reference on your computer.
- A MindManager file for those who wish to edit the content of the IQ Matrix.
- A printable PDF summary of this IQ Matrix to help you better understand each concept.
- A bonus IQ Doodle that summarizes key ideas presented within this IQ Matrix. To purchase the full IQ Doodle pack bundle, please visit the IQ Doodle Store.
Additional visual resources and variations of this IQ Matrix might be added to your account page at no extra cost in the future.