The Problem Solving Model IQ Matrix explores a process of steps a life coach would typically use to help their client work through a problem in a rational and objective way. The map presents guidelines and outlines a series of questions to help a coach guide their client through the intricacies of a problem. With a solution at hand, their client becomes more resourceful and able to handle their circumstances in optimal ways. Specifically, the mind map breaks down how to probe for answers, how to identify obstacles, how to explore options, and finally lays down a path for solving the problem. Yes, this map is ideal for life coaches, but also extremely valuable for self-coaching purposes. Especially of value for anyone who wants a framework for solving a problem.
Here is a quick breakdown of each branch of the Problem Solving Model mind map.
- Probe for Answers: The first step is to probe the client about their problem. Here, you will need to ask a set of specific questions that will help you identify the problem at hand; pinpoint the objective that your client would like to achieve; unlock the path that led to this problem; explore patterns that may be repeating in your client’s life; identify the emotions that this problem has triggered; clarify various perspectives, and attempt to unlock opportunities for moving forward past this problem.
- Identify Obstacles: The second step is to identify the obstacles that might be thwarting your client’s progress. These obstacles can be of an internal or external nature. It’s, therefore important to focus on both types of obstacles to identify what might be holding your client back from moving forward towards their desired outcome.
- Explore Options: The third step is to explore all available options to help your client overcome this problem. As you work through these options it will be helpful to play around with various perspectives that will help shift how your client thinks about their problem and circumstances. Only in this way will you challenge them appropriately enough to break down the walls that are preventing them from moving forward.
- Take Action: The final step is to lay down a path for your client to get through this problem successfully. This, of course, may not be easy. If, however, you follow the guidelines presented on this branch you will provide your client with the necessary direction they need to move forward in optimal ways.
This map provides a roadmap and framework for solving any life problem. Referencing it regularly and committing it to memory will help you to embed these concepts and ideas into your subconscious mind.
A mind map, of course, does this beautifully because it mirrors the synaptic connections made in your brain as you try to establish new habits of thought and behavior. It brings together key concepts and ideas that help your brain to fully integrate and process this information. The brain, subsequently, rewires itself as it attempts to establish new habits of mind. It’s an ideal tool for creating lasting change and transformation.
Stick with these principles, memorize and incorporate this model into your life coaching practice, and you will progressively help your clients unlock the answers they need to overcome their problems. And once these obstacles have been overcome, your clients can then use this model on their own when facing future problems.
When you purchase the Problem Solving Model IQ Matrix you will receive:
- A PDF copy of the IQ Matrix, which you can use for printing in high resolution.
- A JPG image file of the IQ Matrix, which is ideal for viewing on tablets and mobile devices.
- A Desktop Background version of the map you can use for reference on your computer.
- A MindManager file for those who wish to edit the content of the IQ Matrix.
- A printable PDF summary that breaks down each branch of the IQ Matrix in detail.
Additional visual resources and variations of this IQ Matrix might be added to your account page at no extra cost in the future.