The Psychological Rules IQ Matrix explores how to better understand the psychological rules that are governing your life and influencing every decision you make. Psychological rules are unique laws that govern your choices, decisions, and actions. They are guidelines that help you function in the world. They influence how you perceive yourself, how you perceive others, and how you perceive and interpret the world around you. They are the guiding principles for your behavior, and the fundamental coping mechanisms you use throughout life.
What’s most significant is that your psychological rules support your core belief systems. You believe something because you have a certain set of rules that tell you that this “something” makes sense and is, therefore, true. Hence if the rule makes sense, then it only makes sense to believe that what you’re seeing and experiencing is the truth. This map will help you to effectively identify and change any psychological rules that are holding you back from living your best life.
This mind map outlines the meaning, purpose, and the evolution of our psychological rules and the impact they have on our lives. It takes you through a series of questions to help you identify the helpful and unhelpful rules governing your life. The map concludes by breaking down a process you can use to consciously create more empowering psychological rules that are aligned with your desired goals and objectives.
Here is a quick breakdown of each branch of the Psychological Rules mind map.
- Understanding Psychological Rules: The first branch of this map outlines the meaning, purpose, and evolution of psychological rules and the influence they have on our lives.
- Identifying Psychological Rules: The second branch of this map breaks down a process to help you identify the helpful and unhelpful psychological rules that are governing your life. Unhelpful psychological rules are often rigid, unrealistic, excessive, unadaptable, and unreasonable. On the other hand, helpful psychological rules are flexible, realistic, and adaptable to changing conditions and circumstances. At the core of this process are a set of self-reflection questions. These questions will help you gain insight into your standards, patterns of behavior, and psychological conditioning. The answers to these questions will help you unlock the unhelpful psychological rules that are running your life.
- Transforming Psychological Rules: The final branch of this map delves into a six-step transformational process that you can use to create new and more empowering psychological rules. The objective is to develop psychological rules that are aligned with the goals and objectives you want to achieve. The steps of this process include (1) identifying your unhelpful rule, (2) reflecting on the impact of this rule, (3) deciphering how the rule operates in your life, (4) exploring the origins, advantages, and disadvantages of this rule, (5) creating a helpful psychological rule, and (6) putting the new helpful rule into practice.
This map provides a roadmap and framework for overcoming psychological limitations that are holding you back from living your best life. Referencing it regularly and committing it to memory will help you to embed these concepts and ideas into your subconscious mind.
A mind map, of course, does this beautifully because it mirrors the synaptic connections made in your brain as you try to establish new habits of thought and behavior. It brings together key concepts and ideas that help your brain to fully integrate and process this information. The brain, subsequently, rewires itself as it attempts to establish new habits of mind. It’s an ideal tool for creating lasting change and transformation.
Stick with these principles, memorize and incorporate them into your life, and you will progressively transform the psychological rules that are currently holding you back from living life to the best of your ability.
When you purchase the Psychological Rules IQ Matrix you will receive:
- A PDF copy of the IQ Matrix, which you can use for printing in high resolution.
- A JPG image file of the IQ Matrix, which is ideal for viewing on tablets and mobile devices.
- A Desktop Background version of the map you can use for reference on your computer.
- A MindManager file for those who wish to edit the content of the IQ Matrix.
- A printable PDF summary of this IQ Matrix to help you better understand each concept.
Additional visual resources and variations of this IQ Matrix might be added to your account page at no extra cost in the future.