The Controlling Expectations IQ Matrix explores the power of your expectations and how they shape your life. It’s relatively easy to discount the effect that our expectations have on our lives. The reason for this is that we don’t often consciously think about the kinds of expectations we have in specific situations. And this can ultimately hurt us. The wrong kinds of expectations can lead you astray. They lead you astray because they influence every choice, decision, and action you take. In fact, your expectations influence your life in remarkable ways. The difference between success and failure in any situation could very well come down to the expectations you hold. You can, therefore, either take conscious control of your expectations or you can allow them to run your life on autopilot.
This mind map explores what expectations are and the impact they have on our lives. The map also walks you through how to handle failed, unrealistic, and negative expectations. The map concludes by showing you when and how to release your expectations and the positive impact this can have on your life. This is especially of value when facing personal challenges or difficult problems.
Here is a quick breakdown of each branch of the Controlling Expectations mind map.
- Understanding Expectations: What are expectations really? How do our expectations affect our lives? What kinds of expectations do high achievers have? All these questions and everything else you might want to know about the power of your expectations are revealed within this branch of the map.
- Handling Failed Expectations: You might’ve had certain expectations about something that unfortunately didn’t come about as you had expected. This branch explores how to handle these failed expectations most effectively. Handling them this way will help encourage you to make the most of life’s biggest disappointments.
- Handling Unrealistic Expectations: At times, you might have unrealistic expectations about something. This too can also lead to disappointment. This branch explores how to identify and handle unrealistic expectations. Here you are presented with numerous questions that will help you create more helpful expectations. And these helpful expectations will, subsequently, help improve your decision-making ability.
- Handling Negative Expectations: At other times you might feel somewhat overwhelmed with your circumstances. It’s during such times where it’s easy to indulge in a plethora of negative expectations. This pessimism isn’t healthy as it often leads to stagnation and further problems. Going through this branch of the map will help you gain the necessary awareness you need to overcome your negative expectations.
- Letting Go of Expectations: If holding onto expectations about something isn’t working for you, then it just might be worth letting them go. The final branch of this map explores how to release all your expectations and the positive impact this can have on your life.
This map provides a roadmap and framework for managing your expectations. Referencing it regularly and committing it to memory will help you to embed these concepts and ideas into your subconscious mind.
A mind map, of course, does this beautifully because it mirrors the synaptic connections made in your brain as you try to establish new habits of thought and behavior. It brings together key concepts and ideas that help your brain to fully integrate and process this information. The brain, subsequently, rewires itself as it attempts to establish new habits of mind. It’s an ideal tool for creating lasting change and transformation.
Stick with these principles, memorize and incorporate them into your life, and you will progressively begin taking conscious control of your attitude, perspectives, behaviors, choices, decisions, and actions. And with conscious control comes the power to shape your life with purpose and take charge of your personal destiny.
When you purchase the Controlling Expectations IQ Matrix you will receive:
- A PDF copy of the IQ Matrix, which you can use for printing in high resolution.
- A JPG image file of the IQ Matrix, which is ideal for viewing on tablets and mobile devices.
- A Desktop Background version of the map you can use for reference on your computer.
- A MindManager file for those who wish to edit the content of the IQ Matrix.
- A printable PDF summary of this IQ Matrix.
Additional visual resources and variations of this IQ Matrix might be added to your account page at no extra cost in the future.