The Persuasive Public Speaking IQ Matrix explores how to develop your skills as a professional public speaker and presenter. Knowing how to speak in public puts you in a position of power and authority. It helps you position yourself as an expert in your field, which, of course, allows you to become an influential force for change and transformation. Those who feel comfortable and understand how to speak in public are the game changers in our society. They are the people who move communities and societies into action through the words they speak and through the ideas they share. As a result, they are often some of the highest-paid individuals in the world.
Working through this mind map will help you gain insights into what it takes to become an extraordinary public speaker. And as you begin mastering this topic, you will progressively become a more influential, competent, and persuasive public speaker and presenter.
Here is a quick breakdown of each branch of the Persuasive Public Speaking mind map.
- How to Prepare Yourself: The first branch of this map presents you with a four-step process you can use to help you prepare for your public talk or presentation. The steps of this process include (1) outlining your goals, (2) understanding your audience, (3) planning your presentation, and (4) alleviating tension. Here you are also presented with numerous self-reflection questions that will help you gain more clarity in each area.
- The Do’s and Don’ts of Speaking: The second branch of this map outlines the do’s and don’ts of public speaking. This branch highlights how to use your voice, what to do, and various things you must avoid doing while on stage.
- Guidelines for Persuasion and Storytelling: The third branch of this map breaks down how to use persuasion and storytelling in your speeches or presentations. The branch outlines a five-step persuasion process you can use to persuade your audience. The steps of this process include (1) generating interest, (2) highlighting the problem, (3) offering ideas for solving the problem, (4) solving the problem and stimulating excitement, and (5) presenting your audience with a clear call to action. Here you will also discover how to use storytelling to persuade on stage.
- Adapting to the Four Audience Types: The final branch of this map breaks down the four different audience types. Specifically, it breaks down the approach that a public speaker must take to persuade and influence each one of these audience types. These audience types include the supportive audience, the uninformed audience, the hostile audience, and the indifferent audience.
This map provides a roadmap and framework for becoming an influential, captivating, and persuasive public speaker and presenter. Referencing it regularly and committing it to memory will help you to embed these concepts and ideas into your subconscious mind.
A mind map, of course, does this beautifully because it mirrors the synaptic connections made in your brain as you try to establish new habits of thought and behavior. It brings together key concepts and ideas that help your brain to fully integrate and process this information. The brain, subsequently, rewires itself as it attempts to establish new habits of mind. It’s an ideal tool for creating lasting change and transformation.
Stick with these principles, memorize and incorporate them into your professional speeches and presentations, and you will progressively become an influential, competent, and persuasive public speaker and presenter.
When you purchase the Public Speaking Skills IQ Matrix you will receive:
- A PDF copy of two versions of this IQ Matrix, which you can use for printing in high resolution.
- A JPG image file of the IQ Matrix, which is ideal for viewing on tablets and mobile devices.
- A Desktop Background version of the map you can use for reference on your computer.
- A MindManager file for those who wish to edit the content of the IQ Matrix.
- A printable PDF eBook summary of this IQ Matrix to help you better understand each concept.
Additional visual resources and variations of this IQ Matrix might be added to your account page at no extra cost in the future.