The Negotiation Tactics IQ Matrix explores how to become a better negotiator in a professional and social setting. As we interact with family, friends, colleagues, customers, and strangers, we often come across a myriad of conflicting and varied opinions, wants, needs, and goals that everyone desires to satisfy on their terms. These variations will persistently lead to disappointment if we are incapable of standing our ground and effectively negotiating an outcome that will meet our personal needs and objectives.
The ideas presented in this mind map will help you gain a distinct advantage when negotiating deals, partnerships, prices, and contracts. Becoming a better negotiator will strengthen your career prospects and help you to persuade others to your way of thinking far more effectively. Use this map as a guide to help improve your negotiation tactics.
Here is a quick breakdown of each branch of the Negotiation Tactics mind map.
- The Requirements for Negotiation: The first branch of this map delves into the mindset and skills of what it takes to be a successful negotiator. Working on each of these areas will help you to improve your ability to negotiate in various situations.
- Preparing for a Negotiation: The second branch of this map lays out a set of compelling questions you can ask yourself as you prepare for your negotiation session. These questions will help you mentally prepare for the negotiation. And preparation is, of course, essential if you desire to succeed as a negotiator.
- What to Do: The third branch of this map explores a seven-step process to help guide you through your negotiation. The steps of the process include (1) listening to your opponent, (2) presenting your argument, (3) exploring common goals, (4) signaling your readiness to reach an agreement, (5) making a conditional proposal, (6) seeking a win/win arrangement, and (7) keeping your promises. The branch also breaks down what you should be focusing on during your negotiation session to ensure that you put yourself in the best possible position to get a favorable outcome.
- What Not to Do: The final branch of this map outlines all the things you must avoid doing during a negotiation session. These are things that will typically hinder the negotiation process and hurt your position or rapport with the other person.
This map provides a roadmap and framework for getting what you want more often by becoming a better negotiator. Referencing it regularly and committing it to memory will help you to embed these concepts and ideas into your subconscious mind.
A mind map, of course, does this beautifully because it mirrors the synaptic connections made in your brain as you try to establish new habits of thought and behavior. It brings together key concepts and ideas that help your brain to fully integrate and process this information. The brain, subsequently, rewires itself as it attempts to establish new habits of mind. It’s an ideal tool for creating lasting change and transformation.
Stick with these principles, memorize and incorporate them into your life, and you will progressively develop more confidence in your ability to negotiate better deals, partnerships, prices, contracts, and much more.
When you purchase the Negotiation Tactics IQ Matrix you will receive:
- A PDF copy of two versions of this IQ Matrix, which you can use for printing in high resolution.
- A JPG image file of the IQ Matrix, which is ideal for viewing on tablets and mobile devices.
- A Desktop Background version of the map you can use for reference on your computer.
- A MindManager file for those who wish to edit the content of the IQ Matrix.
- A printable PDF summary of this IQ Matrix to help you better understand each concept.
Additional visual resources and variations of this IQ Matrix might be added to your account page at no extra cost in the future.