The Ease Relationship Tension IQ Matrix explores how to rationally handle arguments that arise when you and your partner don’t see eye-to-eye. Many conflicts that we have with our partners are often over seemingly minor issues. We, however, get so riled up emotionally that we blow these issues out of proportion and end up hurting each other unnecessarily. These scenarios are far less likely to occur when you use the framework presented in this map to resolve the tension before it takes a turn for the worse.
To effectively work through relationship tension requires recognizing your emotional state of mind, identifying your emotional triggers, addressing conflicting expectations and standards, and being open and respectful while conversing with your partner. Use this framework to help bring harmony back into your relationship.
Here is a quick breakdown of each branch of the Ease Relationship Tension mind map.
RECOGNIZE: Often, we are unaware that we tend to bring tension into our relationship. The ongoing stress, overwhelm, frustration, and fatigue you latch onto during the day gets brought home. All this emotional energy then gets unfairly directed onto your partner during minor disagreements. And before you know it, a fight breaks out. The first branch of this map helps you become aware of the energy you bring into your relationship. Control this energy, and you will find more harmony.
IDENTIFY: There are certain things that tend to rile us up emotionally. Understanding those triggers will help you to manage your mental state of mind better when handling disagreements. The second branch of this map enables you to identify the various triggers that push your emotional buttons. Becoming aware of these triggers will help you to manage your emotional responses better. Also, understanding your partner’s triggers can help both of you manage conflict far more effectively.
ADDRESS: A key area of disagreement often comes down to differing expectations and standards that you and your partner have in various situations. The third branch of this map takes you through how to recognize these conflicts and realign your standards and expectations – bringing more profound levels of understanding and harmony into your relationship.
SHOW: The final branch of this map walks you through the value of being open-minded and showing your partner respect. When we get into fights with our partners, it makes sense to address our own needs and perspectives. If, however, we are open-minded and respectful with our approach, then this will go a long way towards easing the tension.
This map provides a roadmap and framework for easing tension in a relationship before the situation escalates into an argument. Referencing it regularly and committing it to memory will help you to embed these concepts and ideas into your subconscious mind.
A mind map, of course, does this beautifully because it mirrors the synaptic connections made in your brain as you try to establish new habits of thought and behavior. It brings together key concepts and ideas that help your brain to fully integrate and process this information. The brain, subsequently, rewires itself as it attempts to establish new habits of mind. It’s an ideal tool for creating lasting change and transformation.
When you purchase the Ease Relationship Tension IQ Matrix you will receive:
- A PDF copy of the IQ Matrix, which you can use for printing in high resolution.
- A JPG image file of the IQ Matrix, which is ideal for viewing on tablets and mobile devices.
- An Idea Generation Template of the IQ Matrix that provides you with a segmented canvas for brainstorming ideas about this topic.
- A Free Form Template of the IQ Matrix that provides you with an almost blank canvas for exploring this topic in a multitude of creative ways.
- A Memory Recall Template of the IQ Matrix that helps you recall the information contained within the map from memory.
- A Language Translation Template of the IQ Matrix that provides you with a canvas for translating the content of this map into another language.
- A MindManager file for those who wish to edit the content of the mind map (text-only version).
- An Xmind file for those who want an alternative to MindManager (text-only version).
- A Desktop Background version of the map you can use for reference on your computer.
- A Second and Third Version of the map with an additional layer of text that gives you deeper insights into this topic.
Additional visual resources and variations of this IQ Matrix will be added to your account page at no extra cost when made available.