An Act of Kindness IQ Matrix explores the value of kindness and how you can use it to enrich — not only your own but also — other people’s lives. This mind map came together after watching the 2015 film adaptation of the Disney classic Cinderella. In the film, Cinderella makes a promise to her dying mother that she will always “have courage and be kind”. And, of course, throughout the film, she stayed true to her word despite the tremendous challenges she faces along the way (dealing with her heartless stepmother and two self-obsessed stepsisters).
This mind map breaks down what it means to be kind and the tremendous value it can bring to our lives. It presents you with a four-step process you can use to show more kindness. It outlines how to begin spreading more kindness in your interactions with others. And concludes with a discussion about the value of partaking in random acts of kindness.
Here is a quick breakdown of each branch of An Act of Kindness mind map.
- True Kindness: The first branch of this map explores true kindness and the tremendous value it can bring to your life. True kindness, of course, typically comes with absolutely no strings attached. It has no manipulative intentions and certainly doesn’t place any expectations or conditions on others. It’s something that is authentic and genuine that comes directly from a place of unconditional love and compassion.
- Showing Kindness: The second branch of this map breaks down a four-step process you can follow that will help you to nurture more kindness in your heart. Kindness requires that we separate ourselves from our daily problems and stresses. These are the things that often get in our way and prevent us from being kind to others. Once you successfully separate yourself from external circumstances and allow yourself to fully attend to a person’s needs, then that is when true kindness comes to the forefront.
- Acts of Kindness: The third branch shows you how to begin spreading more kindness through simple acts that have a significant impact on people’s lives. This isn’t, however, just about spreading kindness. It is also about learning about kindness through the observation of others.
- Random Acts of Kindness: The final branch of this map explores random acts of kindness. Random acts of kindness are small things you do throughout the day that show people you care and value them. These random acts of kindness, of course, come with no conditions or expectations that you will get anything back in return. Life does, however, tend to reward people for their kindness in very unexpected ways.
This map provides a roadmap and framework for becoming a kinder and more compassionate person. Referencing it regularly and committing it to memory will help you to embed these concepts and ideas into your subconscious mind.
A mind map, of course, does this beautifully because it mirrors the synaptic connections made in your brain as you try to establish new habits of thought and behavior. It brings together key concepts and ideas that help your brain to fully integrate and process this information. The brain, subsequently, rewires itself as it attempts to establish new habits of mind. It’s an ideal tool for creating lasting change and transformation.
Stick with these principles, memorize and incorporate them into your daily life, and you will progressively begin to act with more kindness and compassion for other people. Nurturing kindness can, of course, be challenging at times. However, with every kind act given away, you will feel better about yourself and grow in confidence knowing that you have made a positive impact on other people’s lives.
When you purchase An Act of Kindness IQ Matrix you will receive:
- A PDF copy of the IQ Matrix, which you can use for printing in high resolution.
- A JPG image file of the IQ Matrix, which is ideal for viewing on tablets and mobile devices.
- A Desktop Background version of the map you can use for reference on your computer.
- A MindManager file for those who wish to edit the content of the IQ Matrix.
Additional visual resources and variations of this IQ Matrix might be added to your account page at no extra cost in the future.