The Risk-Taking IQ Matrix provides you with the guidance you need to make better decisions and take more intelligent risks. Risk-taking is the act of stretching your comfort zone and capabilities by exposing yourself to uncertainty and possible change. All in an attempt to improve your circumstances or take advantage of an opportunity. Yes, risk-taking can expose you to potential loss, failure, embarrassment, rejection, criticism, and the possibility of getting hurt.
You must, however, keep in mind that every great feat that has ever been achieved in human history required some sort of risk. In fact, many times these courageous people failed, embarrass themselves, made mistakes, and invited criticism. And yet they kept fighting. Their risks eventually paid off, and they reaped the tremendous rewards for taking a chance on themselves. As you work through this map you will develop a knack for taking more intelligent risks that will help you accomplish your goals.
The mind map specifically outlines the various advantages of risk-taking. It breaks down the roadblocks to intelligent risk-taking. It then walks you through a five-step process for making more intelligent and objective decisions. And it concludes by presenting you with numerous guidelines for taking more calculated risks.
Here is a quick breakdown of each branch of the Risk-Taking mind map.
- Risk-taking: The first branch of this map defines what it means to take a risk. It also outlines the value of risking consistently and the drawbacks of choosing not to risk at all.
- Roadblocks to Risk-taking: The second branch of this map breaks down the roadblocks and obstacles that will often prevent you from taking risks. Take time to work through each of these roadblocks. Only in this way will you overcome any aversion that you have to risk-taking.
- Risk Assessment: The third branch of this map outlines a five-step process you can work through to help you make more intelligent decisions. The steps of this process include (1) identifying desired outcomes, potential obstacles, and uncertainty, (2) taking the time to learn lessons from past experience, (3) drawing up a plan for accomplishing your desired outcomes, (4) taking small steps to develop your self-confidence, and (5) evaluating your feelings and outcomes. As you work through these steps you will come across a variety of self-reflection questions that will help you gain deeper levels of clarity about each step.
- Risk-taking Tips: The final branch of this map presents you with several guidelines to help you make more calculated risks as you work on pursuing your goals.
This map provides a roadmap and framework for taking more calculated and intelligent risks in the pursuit of your goals. Referencing it regularly and committing it to memory will help you to embed these concepts and ideas into your subconscious mind.
A mind map, of course, does this beautifully because it mirrors the synaptic connections made in your brain as you try to establish new habits of thought and behavior. It brings together key concepts and ideas that help your brain to fully integrate and process this information. The brain, subsequently, rewires itself as it attempts to establish new habits of mind. It’s an ideal tool for creating lasting change and transformation.
Stick with these principles, memorize and incorporate them into your life, and you will progressively develop a knack for taking intelligent risks that will help you take advantage of opportunities for accomplishing your goals.
When you purchase the Risk-Taking IQ Matrix you will receive:
- A PDF copy of the IQ Matrix, which you can use for printing in high resolution.
- A JPG image file of the IQ Matrix, which is ideal for viewing on tablets and mobile devices.
- A Desktop Background version of the map you can use for reference on your computer.
- A MindManager file for those who wish to edit the content of the IQ Matrix.
- A printable PDF summary of this IQ Matrix to help you better understand each concept.
Additional visual resources and variations of this IQ Matrix might be added to your account page at no extra cost in the future.