Pursuing the Ideal Self IQ Matrix explores the steps we can follow to reach a state of self-actualization where we pursue the very best of what we are capable of becoming. You have your “current” self and you also have your “ideal” self. Your current self is who you know you are right now. While your ideal self is who see yourself becoming as you move forward into the future. Your ideal-self is the better version of the “self” you experience today.
It’s, of course, not a perfect version. It’s not perfect because it’s an ever-changing version of yourself that will always remain somewhat elusive and out of reach. However, pursuing your ideal-self leads to tremendous growth opportunities that can help you become a better version of yourself today.
This mind map breaks down what the self-ideal is about and what it means to pursue our ideal-self. It then walks you through a four-step process you can use to shape your self-ideal intentionally. It presents you with several questions for unlocking your ideal-self. It then concludes by walking you through what it means to experience a state of self-actualization. Working this map will help you add new layers to your persona, which will help you become a better version of yourself.
Here is a quick breakdown of each branch of Pursuing the Ideal Self mind map.
- The Ideal You: Your self-ideal is essentially who you would like to become based on your current reality and circumstances. The first branch of this map breaks down what the self-ideal is and lays out several insights that will help you gain a better idea of what it means to pursue your self-ideal.
- Shaping Your Self-Ideal: The second branch of this map breaks down a four-step process that will help you shape your self-ideal. You must first analyze your current and ideal self to get a better idea of “where you are” and “where you would ideally like to be”. The remaining three steps of the process will help you to shape the ideal vision you have for yourself moving forward.
- Gaining More Clarity: To clarify your self-ideal even further it’s helpful to undertake a visualization activity that takes you to a future date where the current “you” is now living as the ideal “you”. This third branch poses several key questions that will help you to identify what that ideal “you” is like at this future time.
- Self-Actualization: The final branch discusses Abraham Maslow’s “need” for self-actualization. Self-Actualization sits at the top of Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs and is the most elusive of all human needs. This is a state where your self-ideal is fully congruent with your self-image and behavior. To, however, reach this level of “being,” it’s important to live according to the guidelines outlined by Abraham Maslow (presented within this branch).
This map provides a roadmap and framework for becoming our best self and living up to our full potential as a human being. Referencing it regularly and committing it to memory will help you to embed these concepts and ideas into your subconscious mind.
A mind map, of course, does this beautifully because it mirrors the synaptic connections made in your brain as you try to establish new habits of thought and behavior. It brings together key concepts and ideas that help your brain to fully integrate and process this information. The brain, subsequently, rewires itself as it attempts to establish new habits of mind. It’s an ideal tool for creating lasting change and transformation.
Stick with these principles, memorize and incorporate them into your life, and you will progressively add new layers to your persona that will help you become a better version of yourself each day. It’s, of course, a process that will take time. It’s, in fact, a process that never ends as your self-ideal will constantly change and evolve depending on your current life situation and circumstances. The goal, however, is to reach a stage where your self-ideal is as closely intertwined with your current behavior (self-image) as possible. It is, of course, at that point where you will find most happiness, life satisfaction, and fulfillment.
When you purchase Pursuing the Ideal Self IQ Matrix you will receive:
- A PDF copy of the IQ Matrix, which you can use for printing in high resolution.
- A JPG image file of the IQ Matrix, which is ideal for viewing on tablets and mobile devices.
- A Desktop Background version of the map you can use for reference on your computer.
- A MindManager file for those who wish to edit the content of the IQ Matrix.
- A printable PDF summary of this IQ Matrix to help you better understand each concept.
- A Visual Thinking template and Instruction Manual to help you explore this topic in a visual way using visual thinking principles.
Additional visual resources and variations of this IQ Matrix might be added to your account page at no extra cost in the future.