Pursuing the Ideal Self IQ Matrix explores the steps we can follow to reach a state of self-actualization where we are pursuing the very best of what we are capable of becoming. You have your “current” self and you also have your “ideal” self. Your current self is who you know you are right now. While your ideal self is who see yourself becoming as you move forward into the future. It is in essence a better version of the “self” you experience today. It’s of course not a perfect version, because it is an ever changing version of yourself that will always remain somewhat elusive. However, pursuing your ideal self leads to tremendous growth opportunities that can help you become a better version of yourself everyday.
Here is a quick breakdown of each branch of Pursuing the Ideal Self IQ Matrix:
- The Ideal You: Your self-ideal is essentially who you would like to become based on your current reality and circumstances. This first branch breaks down what the self-ideal is all about and lays out some insights that will help you gain a better idea of what it means to pursue your self-ideal.
- Shaping Your Self-Ideal: This second branch breaks down a four step process that will help you to shape your self-ideal with purpose. You must first analyze your current and ideal self to get a better idea of where you are and where you would like to ideally be. And the remaining three steps of the process will help you to further shape the ideal vision you have for yourself moving forward. The steps are simple and straightforward, however it will take discipline and commitment to follow through with them every single day.
- Gaining More Clarity: In order to clarify your self-ideal even further it’s helpful to undertake a visualization activity that takes you to a future date where the current “you” is now living as the ideal “you”. This third branch poses you several key questions that will help you to identify what that ideal “you” is really like at this future time.
- Self-Actualization: The final branch discusses Abraham Maslow’s “need” for self-actualization. Self-Actualization sits at the top of Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs and it is the most elusive of all human needs. This is a state where your self-ideal is as congruent as possible with your self-image/behavior. However, in order to reach this level of “being” it’s important to live in accordance with the guidelines outlined by Abraham Maslow — presented within this branch.
Stick with these principles, memorize and incorporate them into your life, and you will progressively add new layers to your persona that will help you to become a better version of yourself each and every day. It’s of course a process that will take time. In fact, it’s a process that never ends as your self-ideal will constantly change and evolve depending on your current life situation and circumstances. However, the goal is to reach a stage where your self-ideal is as closely intertwined with your current behavior (self-image) as possible. It is of course at that point where you will find most happiness, life satisfaction and fulfilment.
When you purchase Pursuing the Ideal Self IQ Matrix you will receive:
- A PDF copy of the IQ Matrix, which you can use for printing in high resolution.
- A JPG image file of the IQ Matrix, which is ideal for viewing on tablets and mobile devices.
- A MindManager file for those who wish to edit the content of the IQ Matrix.
- A printable PDF summary of this IQ Matrix to help you better understand each concept.
- A Visual Thinking template and Instruction Manual to help you explore this topic in a visual way using visual thinking principles. This is just 1 of 20 interconnected visual thinking templates available for purchase.
About the MindManager file format
This file can be opened and edited using MindManager mind mapping software. Alternatively you can also use iMindMap or the free mind mapping software xMind to open this map. Please however be aware that opening this file using another software besides MindManager will alter the formatting of the map. However, all content will be intact and the map can still be edited and reformatted to suit your purposes. This file is zipped and can be unzipped using file archiver software. We recommend you use the free open source 7-zip software.
For further details, please view the FAQ page.