The Building Self-Worth IQ Matrix explores how to build self-worth and start believing in yourself again. Self-worth is often confused with self-esteem. They are certainly related. There is, however, a difference. Where self-esteem is derived from sources outside us, self-worth comes from within from a sense of personal power. Self-worth is a measure of how you value yourself despite your results, what others may think, or what is happening around you. Therefore, to have self-worth is to have Personal Power. And with a sense of Personal Power, anything becomes possible.
This mind map breaks down the key differences between self-worth and self-esteem. It then takes you through a five-step process you can use to help you build self-worth. Working through this map will help you feel more confident irrespective of what life throws your way. Your self-esteem will, therefore, no longer be at the mercy of your results or outside circumstances. The only thing that will matter is the opinion you have of yourself.
Here is a quick breakdown of each branch of the Building Self-Worth mind map.
- About Self-Esteem: The first branch of this map explores the true meaning of self-esteem. Self-esteem is, of course, influenced by self-worth. They are, however, different. Here, you will discover how self-esteem comes from external sources derived from our results and from what others think. Having healthy levels of self-esteem is, of course, important. But to develop lasting self-confidence, we do, however, need to build our self-worth.
- About Self-Worth: The second branch of this map explores the meaning of self-worth. Self-worth comes from within. It doesn’t rely on our results or on what people say or think about us. It instead relies upon an internal state of being that’s built upon self-understanding, self-acceptance, and self-love. Where self-esteem is a state of “doing”, self-worth is a state of “being”. When we go from “doing” to “being” that’s when we gain true Personal Power.
- Building Self-Worth: The final two branches of this map outline a five-step process that will help you build your self-worth. This process will take you from self-understanding and self-analysis through to self-love, trust, and taking personal responsibility for your life and circumstances. Building self-worth is no doubt a process that can take time. Any internal work we do requires patience. Changes are not instant. However, by following these five steps, you will progressively build your self-worth over the long-run.
This map provides a roadmap and framework for developing your self-confidence and strengthening your self-esteem. Referencing it regularly and committing it to memory will help you to embed these concepts and ideas into your subconscious mind.
A mind map, of course, does this beautifully because it mirrors the synaptic connections made in your brain as you try to establish new habits of thought and behavior. It brings together key concepts and ideas that help your brain to fully integrate and process this information. The brain, subsequently, rewires itself as it attempts to establish new habits of mind. It’s an ideal tool for creating lasting change and transformation.
Stick with these principles, memorize, and incorporate them into your life, and you will progressively begin to build the self-worth you need to feel more confident irrespective of what life throws your way. When you have an ample amount of self-worth, your self-esteem will no longer be at the mercy of external factors that you can’t control. The only thing that will matter is what you think about yourself. And that is where your Personal Power comes from.
When you purchase the Building Self-Worth IQ Matrix you will receive:
- A PDF copy of the IQ Matrix, which you can use for printing in high resolution.
- A JPG image file of the IQ Matrix, which is ideal for viewing on tablets and mobile devices.
- A Desktop Background version of the map you can use for reference on your computer.
- A MindManager file for those who wish to edit the content of the IQ Matrix.
- A printable PDF eBook summary of this IQ Matrix to help you better understand each concept.
Additional visual resources and variations of this IQ Matrix might be added to your account page at no extra cost in the future.