The Developing Assertiveness IQ Matrix and accompanying 20 page eBook explore how to become more assertive in your day-to-day interactions with others. Learning to become more assertive has several distinct advantages. It could very well be the one vital skill you need to take your career and relationships to the next level. However, being assertive doesn’t mean being aggressive. There is a significant difference between the two. One will work to your advantage, while the other will only ruin your social and professional relationships.
This mind map provides you with a clear distinction between being assertive, being aggressive, and being timid. It highlights the verbal and non-verbal habits of assertive individuals. It breaks down a five-step process for developing your assertiveness in social situations. And concludes by presenting you with various guidelines for responding to criticism and for stating your opinion with confidence. Learning how to become assertive will not only increase your chances of getting what you want, it will also ensure that you don’t get pushed around by others.
Here is a quick breakdown of each branch of the Developing Assertiveness mind map.
- Defining Assertiveness: The first branch of this map provides a clear definition of what it means to be assertive in social situations. Moreover, you will discover the advantages derived from adding this important skill to your social arsenal.
- Being Timid or Aggressive: The second branch of this map breaks down the disadvantages and numerous pitfalls that result from being timid or too aggressive in social situations. This branch also highlights the difference between aggression and assertiveness. Understanding this difference is key to developing your assertiveness the right way.
- Being Assertive: The third branch of this map explores the verbal and non-verbal habits of an assertive individual. If you endeavor to develop your assertiveness in social situations, then it’s paramount that you first focus on developing these key habits. Use this list of habits as a checklist, then select which ones you will begin working on and implementing into your life.
- The Assertiveness Process: The fourth branch of this map breaks down the five-step process for developing your assertiveness in social situations. The steps of this process include specifying your desired outcome, identifying how to handle the situation assertively, rehearsing what you will do, acting assertively, then learning from your experience. The key part of this process is the learning and integration phase which helps build a platform for continuous improvement.
- Assertiveness Tips: The final branch of this map presents you with numerous tips and guidelines to help you develop more assertiveness in social situations. These guidelines focus on how to respond to criticism in an assertive way and how to state your opinion and disapproval more assertively.
This map provides a roadmap and framework for developing your assertiveness and self-confidence in social situations. Referencing it regularly and committing it to memory will help you to embed these concepts and ideas into your subconscious mind.
A mind map, of course, does this beautifully because it mirrors the synaptic connections made in your brain as you try to establish new habits of thought and behavior. It brings together key concepts and ideas that help your brain to fully integrate and process this information. The brain, subsequently, rewires itself as it attempts to establish new habits of mind. It’s an ideal tool for creating lasting change and transformation.
Stick with these principles, memorize and incorporate them into your life, and you will progressively become more assertive over time. Your assertiveness could very well be the one social skill you need that will accelerate your career path and improve your relationships.
When you purchase the Developing Assertiveness IQ Matrix you will receive:
- A PDF copy of the IQ Matrix, which you can use for printing in high resolution.
- A JPG image file of the IQ Matrix, which is ideal for viewing on tablets and mobile devices.
- A Desktop Background version of the map you can use for reference on your computer.
- A MindManager file for those who wish to edit the content of the IQ Matrix.
- A printable PDF eBook summary of this IQ Matrix to help you better understand each concept.
Additional visual resources and variations of this IQ Matrix might be added to your account page at no extra cost in the future.