The Showing Compassion IQ Matrix explores the value of living with more compassion while also outlining how to use compassion in your daily interactions with others. Compassion, however, doesn’t always come naturally. It’s especially difficult when other people leave us feeling hurt, angry, or upset. But even during such times, compassion can be of tremendous value — not only for us but also for the other person. In fact, living with more compassion typically enhances happiness and levels of fulfillment. This mind map explores what true compassion is about. It takes you through a six-step process for developing more compassion. And concludes by describing how to find more self-compassion in life. This is of particular value when you’re going through periods of personal struggle, adversity, and pain.
Here is a quick breakdown of each branch of the Showing Compassion mind map.
- True Compassion: What is true compassion about? The first branch of this map explores what true compassion means and when it is most required. Using this definition, you will get a sense of how one must begin thinking about life, circumstances and other people to consistently display more compassion when interacting with others.
- Developing Compassion: The next two branches break down a six-step process you can use to develop more compassion. Step 1 involves active listening. Step 2 requires visualizing the suffering of the other person. Step 3 asks you to put yourself in the other person’s shoes. Step 4 encourages you to identify things that both of you have in common. Step 5 asks you to work on alleviating the other person’s suffering, and the final step involves a period of self-reflection to help you learn from each experience.
- Self-Compassion: The final branch of this map delves into what self-compassion is about. This form of compassion is directed inwards. Self-compassion will help you be kinder to yourself especially when going through personal struggles, adversity, and pain.
This map provides a roadmap and framework for becoming a more compassionate person. Referencing it regularly and committing it to memory will help you to embed these concepts and ideas into your subconscious mind.
A mind map, of course, does this beautifully because it mirrors the synaptic connections made in your brain as you try to establish new habits of thought and behavior. It brings together key concepts and ideas that help your brain to fully integrate and process this information. The brain, subsequently, rewires itself as it attempts to establish new habits of mind. It’s an ideal tool for creating lasting change and transformation.
Stick with these principles, memorize and incorporate them into your daily interactions with others and you will progressively display more compassion when in the company of others. With deeper levels of compassion in your heart, you will develop stronger emotional bonds with people. As a result, they will often reflect that same compassion in your direction, which will naturally enhance your happiness and levels of fulfillment.
When you purchase the Showing Compassion IQ Matrix you will receive:
- A PDF copy of the IQ Matrix, which you can use for printing in high resolution.
- A JPG image file of the IQ Matrix, which is ideal for viewing on tablets and mobile devices.
- A Desktop Background version of the map you can use for reference on your computer.
- A MindManager file for those who wish to edit the content of the IQ Matrix.
Additional visual resources and variations of this IQ Matrix might be added to your account page at no extra cost in the future.