The Time Management IQ Matrix explores how to manage your time more effectively throughout the day. Time management isn’t so much about managing time, but rather about managing yourself and how that impacts the time you have. When you are better able to manage yourself, you naturally make better use of time throughout the day.
This mind map specifically walks you through a four-step process you can use to gain more control over yourself and your time. It presents you with various guidelines for managing your time more effectively throughout the day. It shows you how to gain more time throughout the day. And it breaks down common time wasters that often sidetrack us while working on tasks and projects.
Working through this map will help you to become more aware of how you use your time and manage yourself throughout the day. Understanding how to upgrade your usage of time will improve your output and productivity as you work toward your goals.
Here is a quick breakdown of each branch of the Time Management mind map.
- Time Management Process: The first branch of this map outlines a four-step process you can use to gain control over how you spend your time throughout the day. The steps of this process include (1) tracking your time, (2) setting SMART goals, (3) identifying tools that will be required, and (4) scheduling and planning your time. Working through this process will help set the foundations for your time management practices.
- Daily Guidelines: The second branch of this map presents numerous guidelines to help you manage your time far more effectively throughout the day. Here you are also presented with several self-reflection questions that will help you to re-think your routine and develop deeper levels of foresight and insight about how you should be utilizing your time.
- Gain More Time: The third branch of this map provides guidelines on how to gain more time throughout the day using common sense suggestions. These ideas are not revolutionary; they will, however, in combination, add at least a couple more hours to your workday.
- Time Wasters: When it comes to time management, it’s as much about what we do as it is about what we avoid doing. The fourth branch of this map outlines common time wasters that will steal your time away. Avoid these time-wasters at all costs, or the work you put into “gaining more time” will become a waste of time. ☹
This map provides a roadmap and framework for managing your time more effectively throughout the day. Referencing it regularly and committing it to memory will help you to embed these concepts and ideas into your subconscious mind.
A mind map, of course, does this beautifully because it mirrors the synaptic connections made in your brain as you try to establish new habits of thought and behavior. It brings together key concepts and ideas that help your brain to fully integrate and process this information. The brain, subsequently, rewires itself as it attempts to establish new habits of mind. It’s an ideal tool for creating lasting change and transformation.
Stick with these principles, memorize and incorporate them into your life, and you will progressively learn how to make the most of your time and efforts throughout the day.
When you purchase the Time Management IQ Matrix you will receive:
- A PDF copy of the IQ Matrix, which you can use for printing in high resolution.
- A JPG image file of the IQ Matrix, which is ideal for viewing on tablets and mobile devices.
- A Desktop Background version of the map you can use for reference on your computer.
- A printable PDF summary of this IQ Matrix to help you better understand each concept.
- A bonus IQ Doodle that summarizes key ideas presented within this IQ Matrix. To purchase the full IQ Doodle pack bundle, please visit the IQ Doodle Store.
Additional visual resources and variations of this IQ Matrix might be added to your account page at no extra cost in the future.