The Understanding Failure IQ Matrix explores how to radically transform your perspective about failure. Working through this map will essentially alter your understanding of what it means to fail. Moreover, it will help you develop the mindset you will need to thrive when facing unexpected failure. Let’s first, however, make it very clear that failure is an unavoidable and inevitable part of life. Whenever you are doing something new, learning something new, taking risks, or stepping outside your comfort zone, you are risking failure.
When you fail, it, of course, doesn’t mean that all is lost. It simply means that things are temporarily not working out for you. You just need to stay the course and potentially adjust your approach. Therefore, in this context, failure is nothing more but an impermanent experience that expires the moment you decide to let go of the past and move forward into the future. Use this map as a guide to help you work through failure.
This mind map specifically presents you with various arguments that put failure in a positive light. It breaks down several empowering interpretations of failure. It then walks you through exactly what to do the moment you realize you’ve failed. And concludes by providing you with guidelines to help you avoid future failure. Failure is, of course, an inevitable part of life. It’s part of risk-taking and living outside our comfort zones. But failure is never the end. In fact, it could turn into an incredible opportunity to move your life and goals forward in surprising ways.
Here is a quick breakdown of each branch of the Understanding Failure mind map.
- Temporary Failure: The first branch of this map presents you with many powerful and undeniable truths about why failure is only temporary. Moreover, it explores how failure is an inevitable part of life. Inevitable, yes! It can, however, also be one of the most beneficial, valuable, and important experiences that we will ever have. Failure, for instance, helps strengthen our resolve, it teaches us valuable lessons, presents us with new opportunities, perspectives, and more.
- Understand Failure: The second branch of this map challenges you to alter your perspective and view of what it means to fail. Here, specifically, you will explore different interpretations of failure. Each one of these interpretations can help transform how you feel and think about the events and circumstances of your life.
- Your Just Failed: The third branch of this map brings to mind the moment when we experience failure and explores what to do to get yourself refocused and back on track. One of the keys is to take the time to learn from your experience. Here you are presented with numerous self-reflection questions that will encourage you to take the time to learn from your failure. In other words, it will help put your failure into a proper perspective.
- What to Avoid When Failing: The final branch of this map outlines the critical things you must NOT do or indulge-in the moment you’re confronted with failure. Ignore these guidelines and you will succumb to the pitfalls that befall most people when facing such circumstances. Avoid these pitfalls, and you will build the foundations of future success.
This map provides a roadmap and framework for understanding and working through your failures. Referencing it regularly and committing it to memory will help you to embed these concepts and ideas into your subconscious mind.
A mind map, of course, does this beautifully because it mirrors the synaptic connections made in your brain as you try to establish new habits of thought and behavior. It brings together key concepts and ideas that help your brain to fully integrate and process this information. The brain, subsequently, rewires itself as it attempts to establish new habits of mind. It’s an ideal tool for creating lasting change and transformation.
Stick with these principles, memorize and incorporate them into your life, and you will progressively develop the necessary perspective and understanding to turn failure into an opportunity for positive change and transformation.
When you purchase the Understanding Failure IQ Matrix you will receive:
- A PDF copy of the IQ Matrix, which you can use for printing in high resolution.
- A JPG image file of the IQ Matrix, which is ideal for viewing on tablets and mobile devices.
- A Desktop Background version of the map you can use for reference on your computer.
- A MindManager file for those who wish to edit the content of the IQ Matrix.
- A printable PDF summary of this IQ Matrix to help you better understand each concept.
- A bonus IQ Doodle that summarizes key ideas presented within this IQ Matrix. To purchase the full IQ Doodle pack bundle, please visit the IQ Doodle Store.
Additional visual resources and variations of this IQ Matrix might be added to your account page at no extra cost in the future.