The Overcoming Failure IQ Matrix explores how to make the most of failure and the inevitable setbacks that life throws your way. It’s not easy handling failure. And yet it’s something that most of us will have the pleasure of going through many times throughout our lives. It is, however, not what happens to us, but rather how we respond to what happens that counts. It’s, therefore, not your circumstances, but how you work your way through those circumstances that makes all the difference in the end.
Many very successful people have faced failure on numerous occasions. And yet, despite these failures, they still ended up succeeding. Why? Because they used failure as a catalyst for transformation and change. They used the lessons that failure taught them to course-correct. This led them down a different path that eventually led to their success. And that’s precisely what this map will help you do as well.
This mind map specifically breaks down how to respond to failure in optimal ways. It describes the various things you must keep in mind when you experience failure. These guidelines will help shift how you think about and interpret your failures. The map also walks you through how to prepare yourself to make the most of your failures. And, finally, the map highlights scenarios where accepting failure is the best option for long-term success. Working through this map will help you learn how to handle failure in optimal ways. This is of particular value for those who tend to take considerable risk while pursuing their goals.
Here is a quick breakdown of each branch of the Overcoming Failure mind map.
- Act Decisively: The first branch of this map provides you with guidelines on what to do the moment you realize that you have failed at something. It specifically explores the types of actions you must take immediately after a failure, and the mental shift in perspective you must make during such times.
- Always Remember: The second branch of this map breaks down the things you must always keep in mind when facing failure. The understandings you will gain here will help shape how you think and approach your circumstances. Moreover, they will transform your perspective of failure. No longer will you see failure as a negative, but rather as an opportunity to learn, experiment, solve a problem, and more. Furthermore, you will discover what indispensable qualities you will need to tap into to successfully work through this failure.
- Prepare for Failure: Failure is an inevitable part of risk-taking. And taking risks is necessary for success in any field of endeavor. The fourth branch of this map outlines how to develop a strategic plan for dealing with failure, and how this can help you get what you want in the long-run.
- When to Quit: The final branch of this map explores scenarios when accepting failure is probably the best option. In other words, you need to know when the best option is to quit. It’s akin to jumping off a sinking ship. There is no honor going down with the Titanic. Save yourself and live to fight another day. Here you are provided with various guidelines to help you figure out whether it’s time to let this go and begin something anew.
This map provides a roadmap and framework for making the most of failure and setbacks. Referencing it regularly and committing it to memory will help you to embed these concepts and ideas into your subconscious mind.
A mind map, of course, does this beautifully because it mirrors the synaptic connections made in your brain as you try to establish new habits of thought and behavior. It brings together key concepts and ideas that help your brain to fully integrate and process this information. The brain, subsequently, rewires itself as it attempts to establish new habits of mind. It’s an ideal tool for creating lasting change and transformation.
Stick with these principles, memorize and incorporate them into your life, and you will progressively develop the necessary habits-of-mind to effectively work through your failures and accomplish your goals.
When you purchase the Overcoming Failure IQ Matrix you will receive:
- A PDF copy of the IQ Matrix, which you can use for printing in high resolution.
- A JPG image file of the IQ Matrix, which is ideal for viewing on tablets and mobile devices.
- A Desktop Background version of the map you can use for reference on your computer.
- A MindManager file for those who wish to edit the content of the IQ Matrix.
- A printable PDF summary of this IQ Matrix to help you better understand each concept.
Additional visual resources and variations of this IQ Matrix might be added to your account page at no extra cost in the future.