The Understanding Fear IQ Matrix explores how to better understand the fears that are currently holding you back from living your best life. The fears you experience result from irrational beliefs you have about, objects, events, or actions. These beliefs might not have any basis in reality, and yet they continue to direct your actions. Your fears also come about because of a sense of uncertainty you have about future outcomes or circumstances. Uncertainty is nothing more than a lack of information or perspective you have about something.
Thirdly, your fear is based on distorted expectations you have about future consequences or distorted memories you have of past experiences. Address each of these areas, and you will very quickly learn to overcome your fears. Moreover, learn how to subtly shift how you think about fear, and you will, subsequently, transform your understanding of fear.
Here is a quick breakdown of each branch of the Understanding Fear mind map.
- What is Fear?: The first branch of this map explores what it means to experience fear. In truth, fear means different things to different people. It’s therefore, all about perspective and how we choose to interpret our fears that makes all the difference. This branch also explores the consequences of prolonged fear and how it can stifle key areas of your life.
- Types of Fear: The second branch of this map breaks down the two fundamental fears that tend to ruin people’s lives. It specifically explores the fear of failure and the fear of success. It also lists the behaviors, habits, and actions that are often associated with both of these debilitating fears.
- Understanding Fear: The final two branches of this map help shift your understanding and perspective about fear. Fear is oftentimes an illusion that the mind creates to protect us from harm. And unless we learn to see through this illusion, then we will, unfortunately, struggle to step outside of it. As a result, we will tend to fall prey to this fear time and again. Working through these branches will help you step outside this illusion and, subsequently, free yourself to live up to your full potential.
This map provides a roadmap and framework for understanding how to handle fear in a rationally and objectively. Referencing it regularly and committing it to memory will help you to embed these concepts and ideas into your subconscious mind.
A mind map, of course, does this beautifully because it mirrors the synaptic connections made in your brain as you try to establish new habits of thought and behavior. It brings together key concepts and ideas that help your brain to fully integrate and process this information. The brain, subsequently, rewires itself as it attempts to establish new habits of mind. It’s an ideal tool for creating lasting change and transformation.
Stick with these principles, memorize and incorporate them into your life, and you will progressively step outside the illusion of fear and begin seeing it for what it is… just a figment of your imagination. 😉
When you purchase the Understanding Fear IQ Matrix you will receive:
- A PDF copy of the IQ Matrix, which you can use for printing in high resolution.
- A JPG image file of the IQ Matrix, which is ideal for viewing on tablets and mobile devices.
- A Desktop Background version of the map you can use for reference on your computer.
- A MindManager file for those who wish to edit the content of the IQ Matrix.
- A printable PDF summary of this IQ Matrix to help you better understand each concept.
- A Visual Thinking template and Instruction Manual to help you explore this topic in a visual way using visual thinking principles.
Additional visual resources and variations of this IQ Matrix might be added to your account page at no extra cost in the future.