The Fear of Embarrassment IQ Matrix explores how to take control of your emotions and perspectives and overcome the fear of embarrassment when facing uncomfortable and awkward situations. The mind map and accompanying 30 page eBook breaks down what it means to feel embarrassed and the impact that this has on our lives. The map also highlights the various causes of embarrassment and the resulting consequences. Finally, the map describes exactly what to do before you get embarrassed, what to do during moments of embarrassment, and what to do after an embarrassing situation to help you handle this experience in an optimal way.
Here is a quick breakdown of each branch of the Fear of Embarrassment IQ Matrix:
- Being Embarrassed: The first branch of this map breaks down what it means to be embarrassed. The branch also highlights the causes of embarrassment and its consequences. Embarrassment is also a result of perspective. Some people feel embarrassed in a certain situation and others don’t. It just depends on your perspective.
- Before the Embarrassing Event: In anticipation of an embarrassing event, this second branch outlines several things you can do to control your emotions in the lead-up to this pivotal moment in your day. It walks you through exactly how to prepare yourself for the embarrassing moments you are likely to face.
- During the Embarrassing Event: While you’re standing there all red-faced and embarrassed in front of everyone, there are still several things you can do to control your emotional responses. This third branch outlines what to do during an embarrassing event that will instantly help you feel better and take control of your predicament.
- After the Embarrassing Event: Once the embarrassing event has passed, it’s time now to think and reflect on what transpired and how you can use this learning experience to do better in the future. This final branch helps explore this important step of the process so that you can make the most of future embarrassing circumstances.
Stick with these principles, memorize and incorporate them into your life, and you will progressively develop the coping skills you need to control your fear of embarrassment in various situations. With these coping skills on hand, you will feel more comfortable dealing with awkward moments that would normally make you feel sick to the stomach. 🙁
When you purchase the Fear of Embarrassment IQ Matrix you will receive:
- A PDF copy of the IQ Matrix, which you can use for printing in high resolution.
- A JPG image file of the IQ Matrix, which is ideal for viewing on tablets and mobile devices.
- A MindManager file for those who wish to edit the content of the IQ Matrix.
- A printable PDF eBook summary of this IQ Matrix to help you better understand each concept.
About the MindManager file format
This file can be opened and edited using MindManager mind mapping software. Alternatively, you can also use iMindMap or the free mind mapping software xMind to open this map. Please, however, be aware that opening this file using another software besides MindManager will alter the formatting of the map. However, all content will be intact and the map can still be edited and reformatted to suit your purposes. This file is zipped and can be unzipped using file archiver software. We recommend you use the free open source 7-zip software.
For further details, please view the FAQ page.