The Fear of Embarrassment IQ Matrix and accompanying 30 page eBook explores how to take control of your emotions and perspective when confronted with uncomfortable and awkward situations. When we’re embarrassed we feel somewhat uneasy, ashamed, and kind of self-conscious. Also, somewhat insecure and inadequate when our embarrassment is made public. We feel this way because being embarrassed is somewhat of a forgotten fear that prevents us from reaching our full potential. On the surface, we wouldn’t usually classify embarrassment as a fear. It can, however, be helpful to look at it in this context. And because it’s a fear, you can learn to manage it, and thereby, minimize the impact it has on your life. And that’s precisely what this map will help you do.
This mind map breaks down what it means to feel embarrassed and the impact this has on our lives. It also highlights the various causes of embarrassment and the resulting consequences. Finally, the map describes exactly what to do before you get embarrassed, what to do during moments of embarrassment, and what to do after an embarrassing situation. These guidelines will help you handle potentially embarrassing experiences in optimal ways.
Here is a quick breakdown of each branch of the Fear of Embarrassment mind map.
- Being Embarrassed: The first branch of this map breaks down what it means to be embarrassed. The branch also highlights the causes of embarrassment and its consequences. Embarrassment is also a result of perspective. Some people feel embarrassed in certain situations and others do not. It just depends on your perspective. And learning to manage that perspective is key.
- Before the Embarrassing Event: In anticipation of an embarrassing event, this second branch outlines several things you can do to control your emotions in the lead-up to this pivotal moment in your day. It walks you through exactly how to prepare yourself for the embarrassing moments you are likely to face.
- During the Embarrassing Event: While you’re standing there all red-faced and embarrassed in front of everyone, there are still several things you can do to control your emotional responses. This third branch outlines what to do during an embarrassing event that will instantly help you feel better and take control of your predicament.
- After the Embarrassing Event: Once the embarrassing event has passed, it’s now time to think and reflect on what transpired and how you can use this learning experience to do better in the future. The final branch of this map helps you explore this important step. Only in this way will you make the most of your circumstances and minimize embarrassing yourself again. 😉
This map provides a roadmap and framework for working through the fear of embarrassment. Referencing it regularly and committing it to memory will help you to embed these concepts and ideas into your subconscious mind.
A mind map, of course, does this beautifully because it mirrors the synaptic connections made in your brain as you try to establish new habits of thought and behavior. It brings together key concepts and ideas that help your brain to fully integrate and process this information. The brain, subsequently, rewires itself as it attempts to establish new habits of mind. It’s an ideal tool for creating lasting change and transformation.
Stick with these principles, memorize and incorporate them into your life, and you will progressively develop the coping skills you need to control your fear of embarrassment in various situations. With these coping skills on hand, you will feel more comfortable dealing with awkward moments that would normally make you feel sick to the stomach. 🙁
When you purchase the Fear of Embarrassment IQ Matrix you will receive:
- A PDF copy of the IQ Matrix, which you can use for printing in high resolution.
- A JPG image file of the IQ Matrix, which is ideal for viewing on tablets and mobile devices.
- A Desktop Background version of the map you can use for reference on your computer.
- A MindManager file for those who wish to edit the content of the IQ Matrix.
- A printable PDF eBook summary of this IQ Matrix to help you better understand each concept.
Additional visual resources and variations of this IQ Matrix might be added to your account page at no extra cost in the future.