The Engineer Plan IQ Matrix is the fourth of a series of five comprehensive maps that delve into the intricacies of solving life’s most difficult problems. The fourth map provides you with the necessary guidelines you need to lay down a solid plan of action that will help you to bring your creative ideas into fruition. You will evaluate suitable scenarios and much more.
Here is a quick breakdown of each branch of the Engineer Plan of Action IQ Matrix:
- The Purpose: Briefly outlines the purpose of this specific stage of the problem solving process.
- Envision Future Scenarios: Explores how to write out effective scenarios that will help bring your creative ideas to life in the real world — dealing with real world circumstances. This branch also breaks down the benefits of writing scenarios and how they can help you make better decisions.
- Outline Scenarios and Universal View: Presents you with a number of thought-provoking questions that will help you to outline each of your scenarios with clarity and purpose. In addition to scenario planning, this branch also outlines the questions you must ask yourself to help clarify your Universal View. Your Universal View must be aligned with your scenario planning strategy, or otherwise there may be conflicts as additional problems arise that may sabotage your progress.
- Evaluate Scenarios: Having outlined your scenarios and clarified your Universal View, now comes time to evaluate each of these scenarios and then select the best path moving forward. The more thorough you are at this stage, the less mistakes you will make when it comes time to put your creative ideas into action.
- Engineer Plan of Action: The final step of this stage of the problem solving process is to engineer a plan of action that will help bring your creative idea into real world application. This branch outlines the areas that you should be focusing on while developing your plan of action.
Stick with these principles, memorize and incorporate them into your life, and you will progressively develop the necessary habits-of-mind that will help you to lay down a solid plan of action to help bring your creative ideas to fruition.
Below you will find links to all five problem solving mind maps. Together they will provide you with a comprehensive outline of the creative problem solving process.
- Define Problem
- Investigate Problem
- Re-Imagine Idea
- Engineer Plan of Action
- Execute and Master
- BONUS: Solving Life’s Problems provides a solid introduction to the process and the mindset required to help you solve your life’s problems most effectively.
For a comprehensive written overview of this five step problem solving process, please take a look at The Path @ Visual Thinking Magic.
When you purchase the Engineer Plan of Action IQ Matrix you will receive:
- A PDF copy of the IQ Matrix, which you can use for printing in high resolution.
- A JPG image file of the IQ Matrix, which is ideal for viewing on tablets and mobile devices.
- A MindManager file for those who wish to edit the content of the IQ Matrix.
- A printable PDF summary of this IQ Matrix to help you better understand each concept.
About the MindManager file format
This file can be opened and edited using MindManager mind mapping software. Alternatively you can also use iMindMap or the free mind mapping software xMind to open this map. Please however be aware that opening this file using another software besides MindManager will alter the formatting of the map. However, all content will be intact and the map can still be edited and reformatted to suit your purposes. This file is zipped and can be unzipped using file archiver software. We recommend you use the free open source 7-zip software.
For further details, please view the FAQ page.