The Handling Conflict IQ Matrix explores several ways you can resolve conflict and disagreements in an effective and amicable way. Conflicts don’t need to be emotional verbal battles. They can instead help you build stronger bonds and relationships with other people if you approach these conflicts in the right way. You might of course not always win an argument. In fact, sometimes it’s probably better to agree to disagree, however you can certainly learn more about yourself, about others and about circumstances if you approach every conflict with an open mind and a willingness to grow from the experience.
Here is a quick breakdown of each branch of the Handling Conflict IQ Matrix:
- Understanding Conflict: Explores what you need to know to help you resolve conflict most effectively. There are in fact certain things that successful conflict resolution requires from you. You must be willing and able to use these guidelines to help you get the most out of every conflict-of-interest. These guidelines will also help you to understand the value that occasional conflict can bring into your life.
- Conflict Resolution Process: Breaks down the five step conflict resolution process. Your first step is to be willing to listen to the other person. The second step involves acknowledging your understanding of the other person’s argument. Your third step requires you to understand the outcome you would like to realize. The fourth step provides you with a chance to speak up, and the fifth step explores the most important things you must focus on in order to resolve this conflict of interest.
- Take a Timeout: At times during the “heat of the moment” your emotions might start to get out of hand. It’s at this time that you might need to take a timeout in order to gather your thoughts and settle down your emotions. This branch explores what to do during moments when you disengage from the conflicting situation. In particular this branch presents you with numerous questions you can ask yourself that will help you to clarify your thoughts; to better understand the other person’s needs; and to potentially resolve the conflict-of-interest you are experiencing.
- Conflict Resolution Guidelines: The final branch presents you with numerous guidelines that you can use to help you resolve the conflicts in your life much more effectively. The branch in particular looks at things you should always be doing when it comes to conflict resolution, but also points out the things you should avoid doing that could lead to descent and potentially aggravate the situation.
Stick with these principles, memorize and incorporate them into your life, and you will progressively develop the necessary skills and mindset that will allow you to make the most of every conflict you encounter — helping you build stronger relationships and bonds with the most important people in your life.
When you purchase the Handling Conflict IQ Matrix you will receive:
- A PDF copy of the IQ Matrix, which you can use for printing in high resolution.
- A JPG image file of the IQ Matrix, which is ideal for viewing on tablets and mobile devices.
- A MindManager file for those who wish to edit the content of the IQ Matrix.
About the MindManager file format
This file can be opened and edited using MindManager mind mapping software. Alternatively you can also use iMindMap or the free mind mapping software xMind to open this map. Please however be aware that opening this file using another software besides MindManager will alter the formatting of the map. However, all content will be intact and the map can still be edited and reformatted to suit your purposes. This file is zipped and can be unzipped using file archiver software. We recommend you use the free open source 7-zip software.
For further details, please view the FAQ page.