The Accelerated Reading Tactics IQ Matrix explores how to improve your reading speed, retention, and comprehension of the information you are learning. This mind map provides guidelines on how to make the most of speed reading and PhotoReading. Speed reading involves the process of skimming, chunking, identifying, and filtering specific pieces of information to accelerate your learning ability. PhotoReading, on the other hand, involves a pre-conscious level of awareness that naturally stimulates creativity and rapid information assimilation. It’s a process that encourages non-judgmental learning.
Learning to read at an accelerated and rapid speed utilizing the methods described within this mind map, can dramatically reduce your study time while enhancing your speed of comprehension and assimilation of new information.
Here is a quick breakdown of each branch of the Accelerated Reading Tactics mind map.
- Reading Facts and Benefits: The first branch of this map provides you with several interesting reading facts that will help put the process of accelerated reading into perspective. This branch also outlines several benefits you will gain from improving your reading speed.
- Speed Reading: The second branch of this map breaks down the fundamental principles of speed reading, and how to apply them to your daily study regime. Included is a six-step process you can use to speed read through a textbook.
- PhotoReading: The third branch of this map breaks down the fundamental principles of PhotoReading, and how to incorporate them into your daily study regime. Included is a four-step process for applying the PhotoReading method to your study regime. This process of steps includes (1) identifying your purpose, (2) previewing the book and reflecting on the content, (3) PhotoReading the book, and (4) assimilating the information.
- Reading Study Tips: The final branch of this map outlines several guidelines for incorporating these reading principles into your class preparation. Specifically, the branch breaks down what to do before class, during class, and after class to make the most of your accelerated reading practices.
This map provides a roadmap and framework for improving your reading speed, retention, and comprehension. Referencing it regularly and committing it to memory will help you to embed these concepts and ideas into your subconscious mind.
A mind map, of course, does this beautifully because it mirrors the synaptic connections made in your brain as you try to establish new habits of thought and behavior. It brings together key concepts and ideas that help your brain to fully integrate and process this information. The brain, subsequently, rewires itself as it attempts to establish new habits of mind. It’s an ideal tool for creating lasting change and transformation.
Stick with these principles, memorize and incorporate them into your daily study regime, and you will progressively accelerate your reading speed, retention, and learning potential.
When you purchase the Accelerated Reading IQ Matrix you will receive:
- A PDF copy of two versions of this IQ Matrix, which you can use for printing in high resolution.
- A JPG image file of the IQ Matrix, which is ideal for viewing on tablets and mobile devices.
- A Desktop Background version of the map you can use for reference on your computer.
- A MindManager file for those who wish to edit the content of the IQ Matrix.
- A printable PDF summary of this IQ Matrix to help you better understand each concept.
Additional visual resources and variations of this IQ Matrix might be added to your account page at no extra cost in the future.