The Acquired Wisdom IQ Matrix explores how people grow wiser and more capable over time, as a direct result of their life experiences. Wisdom, is, however, more than simply a result of a culmination of life experiences. It is rather an integration of experience, knowledge, insight, thoughtful action, and a deep understanding of oneself, others, and life in general. Wisdom comes from learning from experience, then putting that knowledge to practice. We’re, however, not talking here about intelligence. A person can be intelligent but not very wise. Intelligence is purely based on knowledge. On the other hand, wisdom is based on understanding how to best use that knowledge to the greatest effect in specific situations. This map will show you how to acquire wisdom from every experience using a four-step process. It also presents you with a series of questions that will spark deep introspection.
Here is a quick breakdown of each branch of the Acquired Wisdom mind map.
- The Wise Person: The first branch of this map explores the various attributes and qualities of a wise individual. It specifically breaks down how a wise person sees the world, how they learn from experience, how they deal with problems, how they think about their circumstances, and more.
- Wisdom Acquisition: The second branch of this map lists all the ways that we typically acquire wisdom over time. This is, of course, not a passive process. Those who acquire wisdom, are often the people who stretch their comfort zone to try new things and take risks. They then actively learn from their experience and put their newfound knowledge to the test.
- Acquiring Wisdom Process: The third branch of this map breaks down a four-step process you can use to gain maximum value from each experience and, subsequently, grow wiser over time. This process begins with cultivating a beginner mentality that is open to learning, exploring, and experimenting with ideas. Mindfulness, disassociation, self-reflection and continuous learning are also an important part of this process.
- Introspection: The final branch of this map explores the value of introspection. It presents you with a series of questions that help you think about yourself and about your life in ways that stimulate deep insight and understanding.
This map provides a roadmap and framework for growing wiser over time. Referencing it regularly and committing it to memory will help you to embed these principles into your subconscious mind.
A mind map, of course, does this beautifully because it mirrors the synaptic connections made in your brain as you try to establish new habits of thought and behavior. It brings together key concepts and ideas that help your brain to fully integrate and process this information. The brain, subsequently, rewires itself as it attempts to establish new habits of mind. It’s an ideal tool for creating lasting change and transformation.
Progressively working through this map and integrating these concepts and ideas into your psyche will slowly begin to shift how you see yourself, how you see others, and how you see and interact with the world around you. No matter what circumstances befall you, everything becomes a learning experience and growth opportunity that helps you become a wiser, more confident, and capable individual.
When you purchase the Acquired Wisdom IQ Matrix you will receive:
- A PDF copy of the IQ Matrix, which you can use for printing in high resolution.
- A JPG image file of the IQ Matrix, which is ideal for viewing on tablets and mobile devices.
- A Desktop Background version of the map you can use for reference on your computer.
- A MindManager file for those who wish to edit the content of the IQ Matrix.
Additional visual resources and variations of this IQ Matrix might be added to your account page at no extra cost in the future.