The Basketball Post Play Skills IQ Matrix will help you learn the fundamentals of how to improve your basketball post-play skills. It is a common misconception to assume that unless you are tall and strong, that you don’t need to learn how to play in the post. There’s no doubt that tall and strong players are more likely to find themselves playing in the post. However, at any moment, you may find yourself matched up in the key area holding the basketball. There are essentially two scenarios here. Either kick the ball out and clear out or learn to ‘school’ your opponent with a nifty post move of your own. Which option would you prefer?
This mind map walks you through the basic techniques you must learn when playing in the post. This includes post positioning, shooting, shot fakes, and how to draw fouls. The map also explores the fundamentals of how to receive the ball and how to get open in the post. It then delves into post-play training moves you can practice by yourself. And concludes by providing you with guidelines on how to become a better player in the post (includes in-game tactics).
Here is a quick breakdown of each branch of the Basketball Post-Play Skills mind map.
- Post-Play Basics: The first branch of this map takes you through the basics of how to play in the post. Specifically, the branch covers post positioning, shooting, faking shots, and how to draw fouls.
- In-Game Post Moves: The second branch of this map walks you through what to do and what not to do when it comes to getting open in the post. You will also learn how to receive the ball with one and two hands in the post. There is a big focus here on developing the correct technique.
- Training Moves: The third branch of this map explores the basic, intermediate, and more advanced post-play training moves you can practice to improve your post skills. These moves have been divided into forward-facing post moves and back to the basket post moves.
- Post Play Tips: The final branch of this map takes you through guidelines on what it takes to become a well-rounded and skilled post player. Here you will gain insight into the mindset, skills, and game tactics used consistently by solid post players at the highest level of basketball.
This map provides a roadmap and framework for developing your post-play skills to help you excel as a basketball player. Referencing it regularly and committing it to memory will help you to embed these concepts and ideas into your subconscious mind.
A mind map, of course, does this beautifully because it mirrors the synaptic connections made in your brain as you try to establish new habits of thought and behavior. It brings together key concepts and ideas that help your brain to fully integrate and process this information. The brain, subsequently, rewires itself as it attempts to establish new habits of mind. It’s an ideal tool for creating lasting change and transformation.
Stick with these principles, memorize them and incorporate them into your basketball training regime, and you will progressively improve your basketball post-play skills and begin to dominate in the post.
When you purchase the Basketball Post Play Skills IQ Matrix you will receive:
- A PDF copy of the IQ Matrix, which you can use for printing in high resolution.
- A JPG image file of the IQ Matrix, which is ideal for viewing on tablets and mobile devices.
- A Desktop Background version of the map you can use for reference on your computer.
- A MindManager file for those who wish to edit the content of the IQ Matrix.
- A printable PDF summary of this IQ Matrix to help you better understand each concept.
Additional visual resources and variations of this IQ Matrix might be added to your account page at no extra cost in the future.