The Basketball Rebounding Skills IQ Matrix will help you master the fundamentals of how to improve your basketball rebounding skills. Rebounding is a wholly misunderstood aspect of the game of basketball. Many believe that it merely requires athleticism and strength to soar above your opponents and pull the ball down aggressively. This, however, couldn’t be further from the truth. Rebounding is actually a gentle skill that requires patience to learn and master. Moreover, it is a skill, that if learned correctly, will help you out-rebound seemingly taller and stronger opponents.
This mind map breaks down how to develop a solid rebounding technique. Specifically, it outlines what to do before, during, and after you rebound the basketball. The map then walks you through how to position yourself for a rebound and how to box-out when playing against a zone. And it concludes by describing the rebounding technique you should be using when one-on-one.
Here is a quick breakdown of each branch of the Basketball Rebounding Skills mind map.
- Your Rebounding Technique: The first branch of this map walks you through how to develop a solid rebounding technique. Here you will learn exactly what to do before, during, and after a rebound to help you fine-tune your technique.
- Zone Rebounding Guidelines: The second branch of this map outlines what to observe and keep in mind when playing a team that’s running a zone defense. This branch also takes you through how to box-out your opponent and how to position yourself for a rebound. Using the guidelines here will help you understand how to maximize your ability to grab a rebound when playing against a zone.
- Man Rebounding Guidelines: The final branch of this map outlines what to observe and keep in mind when playing a team that’s running man on man defense. This branch also takes you through how to box-out your opponent and how to position yourself for a rebound. Using the guidelines here will help you understand how to maximize your ability to grab a rebound when facing a man to man defense.
This map provides a roadmap and framework for improving your rebounding skills to help you excel as a basketball player. Referencing it regularly and committing it to memory will help you to embed these concepts and ideas into your subconscious mind.
A mind map, of course, does this beautifully because it mirrors the synaptic connections made in your brain as you try to establish new habits of thought and behavior. It brings together key concepts and ideas that help your brain to fully integrate and process this information. The brain, subsequently, rewires itself as it attempts to establish new habits of mind. It’s an ideal tool for creating lasting change and transformation.
Stick with these principles, memorize and incorporate them into your basketball training regime, and you will progressively improve your ability to rebound the basketball and dominate the glass.
When you purchase the Basketball Rebounding Skills IQ Matrix you will receive:
- A PDF copy of the IQ Matrix, which you can use for printing in high resolution.
- A JPG image file of the IQ Matrix, which is ideal for viewing on tablets and mobile devices.
- A Desktop Background version of the map you can use for reference on your computer.
- A MindManager file for those who wish to edit the content of the IQ Matrix.
- A printable PDF summary of this IQ Matrix to help you better understand each concept.
Additional visual resources and variations of this IQ Matrix might be added to your account page at no extra cost in the future.