The Beating Depression IQ Matrix explores how to overcome the debilitating hold that depression has over your life. Depression is an intense negative feeling of sadness and despair lasting for over two weeks that interferes with effective day-to-day functioning. It takes control of your livelihood and influences every decision you make and action you take. Depression is a very limiting emotional state-of-mind that can result in very dire consequences including serious health concerns and suicide. Depression cannot be taken lightly and must be addressed early.
Working through this map will help you to effectively heal any mild forms of depression. The map provides you with a roadmap for working through periods of depression and for making the most of challenging situations.
Here is a quick breakdown of each branch of the Beating Depression mind map.
- Understanding Depression: The first branch of this map outlines what it means to feel depressed. It also explores the symptoms and causes of depression. Here, you are also presented with several self-reflection questions. These questions will help you get very clear about the impact and effect that depression is having on your life.
- What to Do When Feeling Depressed: The second branch of this map walks you through several things you can immediately do to overcome mild feelings of depression. Here you are tasked to address your thoughts, self-talk, limiting beliefs, as well as your perspectives of the situation. Numerous self-reflection questions have also been included that will help you better manage your thoughts and view of your circumstances.
- Additional Guidelines: The final two branches of this map provide you with further guidelines to help you heal feelings of depression. These guidelines address what you should be doing, what you must avoid doing, the qualities to cultivate, and the things you need to focus on. Any of these guidelines can positively impact your life. They are, however, most powerful when used in combination. The more of them you can adopt into your life, the better progress you will make in healing your depression.
This map provides a roadmap and framework for effectively working through periods of mild depression. Referencing it regularly and committing it to memory will help you to embed these concepts and ideas into your subconscious mind.
A mind map, of course, does this beautifully because it mirrors the synaptic connections made in your brain as you try to establish new habits of thought and behavior. It brings together key concepts and ideas that help your brain to fully integrate and process this information. The brain, subsequently, rewires itself as it attempts to establish new habits of mind. It’s an ideal tool for creating lasting change and transformation.
Stick with these principles, memorize them and incorporate them into your life, and you will progressively overcome the debilitating hold that depression has over your life.
When you purchase the Beating Depression IQ Matrix you will receive:
- A PDF copy of the IQ Matrix, which you can use for printing in high resolution.
- A JPG image file of the IQ Matrix, which is ideal for viewing on tablets and mobile devices.
- A Desktop Background version of the map you can use for reference on your computer.
- A MindManager file for those who wish to edit the content of the IQ Matrix.
- A printable PDF summary of this IQ Matrix to help you better understand each concept.
- A bonus IQ Doodle that summarizes key ideas presented within this IQ Matrix. To purchase the full IQ Doodle pack bundle, please visit the IQ Doodle Store.
Additional visual resources and variations of this IQ Matrix might be added to your account page at no extra cost in the future.