When Tragedy Strikes IQ Matrix and accompanying 21 page eBook explores how to make sense of those difficult moments in life when adversity gets the better of you. Life presents us with many challenges in the form of setbacks, divorce, illness, poverty, loss of a loved one, debt, injury, accidents, crime, destruction, and suffering. No matter which of these events comes across your path, life is never easy. In fact, it can be incredibly difficult to move forward when tragedy strikes. And yet, tragedy is what we make it out to be. We can either allow it to get the better of us, or we can make the most of tragedy. You are, of course, not alone in your pain. Many people are struggling just like you. In fact, many people before you have experienced similar or worse conditions. Use that understanding to make sense of your suffering as you work your way through this map.
The mind map specifically breaks down several assumptions you will need to make to work through tragedy in optimal ways. It follows that up by walking you through a five-step process you can use when tragedy strikes. The map then concludes by presenting you with further guidelines and suggestions for working through periods of tragedy.
Here is a quick breakdown of each branch of the When Tragedy Strikes mind map.
- You Are Not Alone: Billions of people live on earth right now. Billions more have lived before you were even born. All these people have experienced tragedy of some kind. Many of them didn’t handle it very well. But there were others, who overcame their misfortune and created a better life for themselves. Many people have, in fact, overcome much greater tragedy than you face today. Going over the first branch of this map will help you understand that you are not alone and that hope is never lost.
- Assumptions to Make: When it comes to tragedy, we must think a certain way about our life and circumstances. To make the most of pain and misfortune we must adopt a certain perspective that will help us to handle things most effectively. Within this third branch, you will discover the assumptions you will need to make when tragedy strikes. Assuming these things will free your mind to consider fresh possibilities that could potentially open doors to new opportunities, experiences, connections, and perspectives. All of which will help empower you in a positive direction.
- A Process for Overcoming Tragedy: When tragedy strikes, it can certainly get overwhelming very quickly. During such times, it’s important to keep in mind a five-step process that will help you take control of your emotions, shift your perspective, and lay down the foundations for making better decisions. Use these five steps to help you make the most of the misfortune that life brings your way.
- Guidelines for Moving Forward: The final branch of this map provides you with numerous guidelines that will help you make the most of tragic situations. Some of these guidelines are very straightforward. It is, however, often the smallest of actions that can become a catalyst for positive change and transformation.
This map provides a roadmap and framework for making the most of tragic and unfortunate situations. Referencing it regularly and committing it to memory will help you to embed these concepts and ideas into your subconscious mind.
A mind map, of course, does this beautifully because it mirrors the synaptic connections made in your brain as you try to establish new habits of thought and behavior. It brings together key concepts and ideas that help your brain to fully integrate and process this information. The brain, subsequently, rewires itself as it attempts to establish new habits of mind. It’s an ideal tool for creating lasting change and transformation.
Stick with these principles, memorize and incorporate them into your life, and you will progressively begin shifting how you think about moments of misfortune and tragedy. You will no longer view yourself as a victim of circumstance. You will instead, find the seeds of hope in tragic times that will allow you to push forward in a better way.
When you purchase the When Tragedy Strikes IQ Matrix you will receive:
- A PDF copy of the IQ Matrix, which you can use for printing in high resolution.
- A JPG image file of the IQ Matrix, which is ideal for viewing on tablets and mobile devices.
- A Desktop Background version of the map you can use for reference on your computer.
- A MindManager file for those who wish to edit the content of the IQ Matrix.
- A printable PDF eBook summary of this IQ Matrix to help you better understand each concept.
Additional visual resources and variations of this IQ Matrix might be added to your account page at no extra cost in the future.