The Art of the Compliment IQ Matrix breaks down how to give a genuine compliment that will leave people feeling confident and inspired. Giving a compliment is somewhat of an art-form. It can, for instance, very quickly help you generate remarkable levels of rapport with other people. When delivered correctly, it immediately wins people over. When, however, incorrectly delivered, it can very quickly leave people feeling deflated, confused, and suspicious. This mind map highlights what it means to give a great compliment. It breaks down a four-step process you can use to deliver a killer compliment. It then presents you with further guidelines for making the most of your compliments. And concludes with some general rules and etiquette on how to receive compliments in social situations.
Here is a quick breakdown of each branch of the Art of the Compliment mind map.
- A Compliment: What does it mean to give a great compliment? The first branch of this map explores what it means to give an uplifting compliment to another person. Delivering a great compliment will not only make the other person feel better, but it will also make you feel better about yourself. And the rapport you establish could very well build the foundations of a very strong personal or professional relationship.
- The Giving Compliment Process: The second branch of this map breaks down a four-step process to help you deliver a killer compliment. The first step involves expressing how you feel. The second step requires you to mention something specific. The third step challenges you to explain why you said what you said. And the final step allows for a moment of pause to let the other person respond in kind.
- Guidelines for Compliments: Of course, understanding the process of how to deliver a great compliment is only part of the equation. Within this third branch, the map pinpoints several things to do and to avoid doing when delivering your compliment. Follow these guidelines to the letter, and you will be sure to leave a person feeling upbeat and empowered.
- Receiving a Compliment: The final piece of the puzzle is, of course, understanding how to receive a compliment. You will no doubt receive your share of compliments. And understanding how to properly receive them can, likewise, help you develop greater levels of rapport with another person. This process involves four steps. The first step is to accept the compliment. The second step is to acknowledge how the compliment makes you feel. The third step is to recognize your positive qualities. And the final step is to use this compliment for personal growth and development.
This map provides a roadmap and framework for delivering and receiving a compliment. Referencing it regularly and committing it to memory will help you to embed these concepts and ideas into your subconscious mind.
A mind map, of course, does this beautifully because it mirrors the synaptic connections made in your brain as you try to establish new habits of thought and behavior. It brings together key concepts and ideas that help your brain to fully integrate and process this information. The brain, subsequently, rewires itself as it attempts to establish new habits of mind. It’s an ideal tool for creating lasting change and transformation.
Stick with these principles, memorize and incorporate them into your daily interactions with others and you will leave a lasting positive impression on people’s minds. This will, of course, help you build stronger bonds and deeper levels of rapport with those around you.
When you purchase The Art of the Compliment IQ Matrix you will receive:
- A PDF copy of the IQ Matrix, which you can use for printing in high resolution.
- A JPG image file of the IQ Matrix, which is ideal for viewing on tablets and mobile devices.
- A Desktop Background version of the map you can use for reference on your computer.
- A MindManager file for those who wish to edit the content of the IQ Matrix.
Additional visual resources and variations of this IQ Matrix might be added to your account page at no extra cost in the future.