The Social Skills IQ Matrix explores how to develop better communication, active listening, and rapport creation skills. Learning these skills will help you to connect with people at a deeper emotional level. Taking the time to develop your social skills will allow you to build closer social bonds with those around you. As a result, you will expose yourself to new information, resources, support, and the opportunities you need to make an impact in other people’s lives.
This mind map walks you through how to make a great first impression. It outlines how to engage the other person in small-talk. It provides you with guidelines on how to become an active listener. It then explores how to build rapport with people. And concludes by taking you through several social mistakes that you will do best to avoid.
Here is a quick breakdown of each branch of the Social Skills mind map.
- Getting Started: The first branch of this map walks you through how to get started. You must essentially do three things before launching head-first into the social sphere. First, you must clarify your objectives and outline how you will approach each social situation. Secondly, take the time to practice your vocals. This will help improve the clarity of your voice. And thirdly, make sure you catch up on current news and events that you can insert into your conversations with others.
- Make a Good First Impression: When you meet someone for the first time, you need to know how to make a good first impression. This branch of the map explores exactly what you need to do to make a memorable first impression.
- Make Small Talk: At times it can be challenging to get a conversation started. If, however, you’re good at making small-talk, then this won’t be a problem. You can, in fact, use small-talk as an opportunity to get to know the other person. You can then later build on this small-talk to create even deeper levels of rapport. This branch of the map walks you through several guidelines on how to make effective small-talk during a conversation.
- Active Listening: Being receptive and showing a willingness to listen to other people with sincerity and empathy is one of the fundamental keys to building strong emotional connections with others. This branch of the map explores how to become an active listener.
- Build Rapport: You’ve made a good first impression, you’ve also moved past the small-talk, listened actively to the other person. Now what? Now comes time to develop deeper levels of rapport. In other words, you need to work on establishing a deeper emotional connection with the other person. This branch provides you with several ideas on how to establish rapport.
- Social Mistakes: There are certain things that people do that sabotage their social game. Making these mistakes prevents them from developing close ties and connections with others. This branch of the map explores how to avoid these mistakes. Minimizing these mistakes will help you gain the trust and respect of the people you interact with.
This map provides a roadmap and framework for creating deep levels of rapport with other people. Referencing it regularly and committing it to memory will help you to embed these concepts and ideas into your subconscious mind.
A mind map, of course, does this beautifully because it mirrors the synaptic connections made in your brain as you try to establish new habits of thought and behavior. It brings together key concepts and ideas that help your brain to fully integrate and process this information. The brain, subsequently, rewires itself as it attempts to establish new habits of mind. It’s an ideal tool for creating lasting change and transformation.
Stick with these principles, memorize and incorporate them into your life, and you will progressively develop the social skills you need to create unbreakable emotional ties and bonds with those around you.
When you purchase the Social Skills IQ Matrix you will receive:
- A PDF copy of the IQ Matrix, which you can use for printing in high resolution.
- A JPG image file of the IQ Matrix, which is ideal for viewing on tablets and mobile devices.
- A Desktop Background version of the map you can use for reference on your computer.
- A MindManager file for those who wish to edit the content of the IQ Matrix.
- A printable PDF summary that breaks down each branch of the IQ Matrix in detail.
Additional visual resources and variations of this IQ Matrix might be added to your account page at no extra cost in the future.