The Controlling Nerves IQ Matrix explores how to take control of your nervous and tense feelings before they get the better of you. Sometimes it feels as though we have all the potential in the world. And yet, it’s those frustrating nerves that ruin everything. If only we could overcome them. Just imagine the possibilities… Who could you potentially become? What could you potentially achieve? It’s great to dream, but why dream when you can use practical steps to overcome those nerves. And this mind map can show you how by highlighting exactly what to do before, during, and after a nervous event. Just follow the practice the steps and watch your nerves melt away.
The mind map specifically breaks down the advantages and disadvantages of feeling nervous. It outlines a four-step process you can use to overcome unsettling nerves before a big event or situation. It highlights how to mentally prepare yourself before you take the plunge. It outlines what to do if your nerves still get the better of you. And concludes by presenting you with a series of questions to help you learn from your experience and improve your approach for next time around.
Here is a quick breakdown of each branch of the Control Your Nerves mind map.
- Feeling Nervous: The first branch of this map explores the advantages and disadvantages of nervousness. It also outlines how nervousness typically arises. Once you are familiar with the triggers of nervousness, you can then begin taking steps to effectively manage them.
- Controlling Nerves Process: The second branch of this map outlines a four-step process you can use whenever you’re feeling a little nervous or apprehensive about something. The steps of this process include (1) identifying what you’re feeling nervous about, (2) exploring different perspectives and worst-case scenarios, (3) making preparations for what’s to come, and (4) taking small steps to overcome your nerves. This process will immediately help shift your perspective of your circumstances. This, by itself, can immediately help you feel better about your predicament.
- Before Getting Nervous: If you typically get nervous about something ahead of time, then this branch will help you to prepare yourself mentally, emotionally, and physically for this experience. Follow these guidelines and suggestions to thoroughly prepare yourself mentally and physically for this event.
- During Moments of Nervousness: Once you are in the middle of a nervous event, you can use the suggestions on this branch to help control your nerves far more effectively. It will, of course, take practice to actively implement these ideas. It’s not easy when you’re having a mild panic attack. However, with practice, you will get better at subduing your nervous feelings before they take hold.
- After the Events: After the nerve-racking event has passed, it’s time to reflect on your performance and learn from your experience. The final branch of this map presents you with several questions to help you gain a deeper understanding of your experience and the improvements you can make in the future.
This map provides a roadmap and framework for feeling more confident, capable, and resourceful when dealing with your nerves. Referencing it regularly and committing it to memory will help you to embed these concepts and ideas into your subconscious mind.
A mind map, of course, does this beautifully because it mirrors the synaptic connections made in your brain as you try to establish new habits of thought and behavior. It brings together key concepts and ideas that help your brain to fully integrate and process this information. The brain, subsequently, rewires itself as it attempts to establish new habits of mind. It’s an ideal tool for creating lasting change and transformation.
Stick with these principles, memorize and incorporate them into your life, and you will progressively develop the necessary skills and emotional control to manage your nerves far more effectively.
When you purchase the Control Your Nerves IQ Matrix you will receive:
- A PDF copy of the IQ Matrix, which you can use for printing in high resolution.
- A JPG image file of the IQ Matrix, which is ideal for viewing on tablets and mobile devices.
- A Desktop Background version of the map you can use for reference on your computer.
- A MindManager file for those who wish to edit the content of the IQ Matrix.
- A printable PDF summary of this IQ Matrix to help you better understand each concept.
- A bonus IQ Doodle that summarizes key ideas presented within this IQ Matrix. To purchase the full IQ Doodle pack bundle, please visit the IQ Doodle Store.
Additional visual resources and variations of this IQ Matrix might be added to your account page at no extra cost in the future.