The Instant Gratification Trap IQ Matrix and accompanying 22 page eBook explores how to overcome the temporary pleasures and temptations that rob us of the opportunity to achieve our goals. The instant gratification trap is subtle. It creeps up on us when we least expect it, then immediately pulls us away from the things that matter most. The more we indulge in these temptations, the deeper we’re drawn into fleeting small pleasures that feel incredibly satisfying, but ultimately lead to long-term pain.
When we get caught up in this trap, we sacrifice our future for fleeting moments of pleasure. Every small and seemingly insignificant decision builds upon the next, and before you know it, you’ve wasted your life away. With no self-control, you lose touch with what matters in your life. You lose touch with your priorities and live the rest of your life full of regrets. Things, however, don’t necessarily have to be this way.
The mind map breaks down two types of gratification. It explores a five-step process to help you avoid getting caught up in instant gratification. It then walks you through a four-step process to help you escape the instant gratification trap. And concludes by outlining how to avoid succumbing to instant gratification for long enough to give you the freedom and space you need to accomplish your goals.
Here is a quick breakdown of each branch of the Instant Gratification Trap mind map.
- Two Types of Gratification: The first branch of this map breaks down two types of gratification. On the one hand, we have instant gratification, and on the other hand, we have delayed gratification. Discover what the differences are and the short and long-term consequences that may result as you travel along each path.
- Avoiding the Instant Gratification Trap: The second branch of this map explores how to avoid getting caught up in the instant gratification trap. It outlines a five-step process to help you avoid temptations and short-term pleasures that threaten to derail your desired long-term objectives. These steps include getting clear about what you want, identifying potential temptations, building your resource list, setting clear boundaries, and creating a rewards system.
- Escaping the Instant Gratification Trap: The third branch of this map explores how to escape when you get caught up in the instant gratification trap. It outlines a four-step process for avoiding the pitfalls of indulging in short-term pleasure and temptations. The steps include thinking logically about your situation, visualizing long-term rewards and pleasures, refocusing on your goals, and learning from your mistakes. Includes several self-reflection questions that will help you explore these steps at a deeper level.
- Making Long-term Progress: The final branch of this map outlines several suggestions that will help you overcome instant gratification. It prepares you for the long-haul by presenting you with tips and guidelines that will steer you away from short-term pleasures and re-focus you on long-term objectives.
This map provides a roadmap and framework for overcoming the temptations that stand between you and your goals. Referencing it regularly and committing it to memory will help you to embed these concepts and ideas into your subconscious mind.
A mind map, of course, does this beautifully because it mirrors the synaptic connections made in your brain as you try to establish new habits of thought and behavior. It brings together key concepts and ideas that help your brain to fully integrate and process this information. The brain, subsequently, rewires itself as it attempts to establish new habits of mind. It’s an ideal tool for creating lasting change and transformation.
Stick with these principles, memorize, and incorporate them into your daily life and routine, and you will progressively break free from the instant gratification trap. Subsequently, you will begin making better choices that will accelerate the progress you make towards your goals.
When you purchase the Instant Gratification Trap IQ Matrix you will receive:
- A PDF copy of the IQ Matrix, which you can use for printing in high resolution.
- A JPG image file of the IQ Matrix, which is ideal for viewing on tablets and mobile devices.
- A Desktop Background version of the map you can use for reference on your computer.
- A MindManager file for those who wish to edit the content of the IQ Matrix.
- A printable PDF eBook summary of this IQ Matrix to help you better understand each concept.
Additional visual resources and variations of this IQ Matrix might be added to your account page at no extra cost in the future.