The Ending a Relationship IQ Matrix explores how to transition into the next chapter of your life after a breakup. Ending a relationship presents numerous challenges. These challenges can affect you mentally, emotionally, socially, and even physically. Whether you did the breaking up or not makes little difference. What matters is how you move forward with your life. Specifically, we want to address how to put ourselves into an optimal state of mind that will help us make the most of the opportunities we have before us.
This map takes you through common reasons to end a relationship. It then explores how to learn and grow from the experience, design the next chapter of your life, and concludes by walking you through four fundamental commitments you must make that will optimize how you think and what you choose to do moving forward.
Here is a quick breakdown of each branch of the Ending a Relationship mind map.
REASONS: When we get into a new relationship, we often come into it with good intentions and expect it will stand the test of time. However, reality presents numerous challenges that fracture the relationship – generating ripples that cause friction and escalating conflict. The first branch of this map walks you through four common reasons it makes sense to end a relationship. There must, however, be a desire to work through these differences with your partner.
ADOPT: When a relationship ends, it can leave us feeling miserable and heartbroken. However, feeling sorry for ourselves is rarely, if ever, an effective coping strategy. We must, therefore, approach things in a better way. The second branch of this map explores how to adopt a spirit of gratitude, appreciation, and acceptance. It also walks you through a series of questions that will help you adopt a growth mindset – thereby learning from your experience of being in this relationship.
DECIDE: Having put yourself into an optimal state of mind, it’s now time to pave the way forward. The third branch of this map sets you up for the next chapter in your life. It specifically takes you through a series of questions that will challenge you to think about what’s next in your life and how you will make the most of the opportunities that come your way.
COMMIT: The final branch of this map asks you to make four critical commitments that will lay down the foundations for the next phase of your life. These commitments include engaging with your friends, passions, and goals. The fourth commitment is a commitment to self-development. Making each of these commitments will not only help settle your emotions after a difficult breakup, but they will also help you build the foundations for your next relationship.
This map provides a roadmap and framework for helping you transition to the next phase of your life after a breakup. Referencing it regularly and committing it to memory will help you to embed these concepts and ideas into your subconscious mind.
A mind map, of course, does this beautifully because it mirrors the synaptic connections made in your brain as you try to establish new habits of thought and behavior. It brings together key concepts and ideas that help your brain to fully integrate and process this information. The brain, subsequently, rewires itself as it attempts to establish new habits of mind. It’s an ideal tool for creating lasting change and transformation.
When you purchase the Ending a Relationship IQ Matrix you will receive:
- A PDF copy of the IQ Matrix, which you can use for printing in high resolution.
- A JPG image file of the IQ Matrix, which is ideal for viewing on tablets and mobile devices.
- An Idea Generation Template of the IQ Matrix that provides you with a segmented canvas for brainstorming ideas about this topic.
- A Free Form Template of the IQ Matrix that provides you with an almost blank canvas for exploring this topic in a multitude of creative ways.
- A Memory Recall Template of the IQ Matrix that helps you recall the information contained within the map from memory.
- A Language Translation Template of the IQ Matrix that provides you with a canvas for translating the content of this map into another language.
- A MindManager file for those who wish to edit the content of the mind map (text-only version).
- An Xmind file for those who want an alternative to MindManager (text-only version).
- A Desktop Background version of the map you can use for reference on your computer.
- A Second and Third Version of the map with an additional layer of text that gives you deeper insights into this topic.
Additional visual resources and variations of this IQ Matrix will be added to your account page at no extra cost when made available.