The Feelings of Inadequacy IQ Matrix explores how to effectively work through feelings of inadequacy and strengthen your self-confidence. When we feel inadequate, we often experience a sense of worthlessness. Moreover, we feel incompetent, incapable, and the feeling that we’re just not good enough. This tears down our self-esteem and leaves us with very little confidence and self-belief that we can do or achieve anything of value.
There is, however, a way to work through feelings of inadequacy, and this map provides a framework on how to do just that. First, it’s essential to learn how to recognize your feelings. We then need to redirect our thoughts and actions toward particular things that will help build our self-confidence. From there, it all comes down to your ability to focus your energy on addressing key areas that will help you overcome feelings of inadequacy.
Here is a quick breakdown of each branch of the Feelings of Inadequacy mind map.
RECOGNIZE: Feeling inadequate often manifests as a lack of confidence. This is, however, a very profound self-confidence hit that extends into feelings of worthlessness and a sense that we’re just not good enough. Recognizing feelings of inadequacy is, therefore, an essential first step that can help us to begin working through it. With that in mind, the first branch of this map provides you with guidance on how to recognize when you’re experiencing feelings of inadequacy in everyday life.
AFFIRM: To address feelings of inadequacy, we will need to make several important commitments that will help build our self-confidence over time. The second branch of this map outlines the commitments that you must make. These commitments include developing your competence, avoiding comparison thinking, trusting yourself to focus on your own journey, not dwelling on past mistakes, and no longer striving for perfection.
FOCUS: The last two branches of this map address various areas of focus that are critical for anyone working through feelings of inadequacy. To successfully work through your feelings, you will need to first change the story you’re telling yourself. Follow that up by building helpful expectations, adopting a growth mindset, working on your strengths, developing your emotional coping skills, finding more meaning and purpose in life, and engaging with encouraging people will help give you a deeper sense of control and confidence over your life.
This map provides a roadmap and framework for working through feelings of inadequacy and improving your self-confidence. Referencing it regularly and committing it to memory will help you to embed these concepts and ideas into your subconscious mind.
A mind map, of course, does this beautifully because it mirrors the synaptic connections made in your brain as you try to establish new habits of thought and behavior. It brings together key concepts and ideas that help your brain to fully integrate and process this information. The brain, subsequently, rewires itself as it attempts to establish new habits of mind. It’s an ideal tool for creating lasting change and transformation.
When you purchase the Ease Stressful Tension IQ Matrix you will receive:
- A PDF copy of the IQ Matrix, which you can use for printing in high resolution.
- A JPG image file of the IQ Matrix, which is ideal for viewing on tablets and mobile devices.
- An Idea Generation Template of the IQ Matrix that provides you with a segmented canvas for brainstorming ideas about this topic.
- A Free Form Template of the IQ Matrix that provides you with an almost blank canvas for exploring this topic in a multitude of creative ways.
- A Memory Recall Template of the IQ Matrix that helps you recall the information contained within the map from memory.
- A Language Translation Template of the IQ Matrix that provides you with a canvas for translating the content of this map into another language.
- A MindManager file for those who wish to edit the content of the mind map (text-only version).
- An Xmind file for those who want an alternative to MindManager (text-only version).
- A Desktop Background version of the map you can use for reference on your computer.
- A Second and Third Version of the map with an additional layer of text that gives you deeper insights into this topic.
Additional visual resources and variations of this IQ Matrix will be added to your account page at no extra cost when made available.