The Hack Disappointment IQ Matrix explores how to effectively work through your feelings of disappointment using four progressive stages of emotional development. These stages include recognizing your disappointment, evaluating your circumstances, learning from your experience, and exploring methods for turning disappointment into empowering action. Use these four stages to shift how you think and process moments of disappointment. Moreover, use this map as a guide to help you build empowering mental habits for handling difficult emotional experiences.
Here is a quick breakdown of each branch of the Hack Disappointment IQ Matrix:
RECOGNIZE: Your first objective is to recognize moments of disappointment. This first branch presents you with a series of questions that will help you process your thoughts and feelings in a productive and helpful way.
EVALUATE: Your next step is to evaluate what just happened. In this second branch, the map explores how to evaluate your disappointment through the lens of your expectations. Here the map presents you with a series of questions that will help you to better understand how your expectations triggered your feelings of disappointment.
LEARN: Now comes time to learn what we can from our experience. This third branch, highlights how to think about your disappointment in a more empowering way. This will help you gather key takeaways that you can then use to transform how you think and process the events and circumstances that just transpired.
EXPLORE: The final branch of this mind map is an exploratory branch that takes you through how to turn disappointment into a challenge and opportunity to move forward in an optimal way. The branch presents you with various questions you can ask yourself that will challenge you to think outside the box and embrace moments of disappointment.
This map provides a roadmap for hacking disappointment. Referencing it regularly and committing it to memory will help you to embed these principles into your subconscious mind. Only in this way will you develop optimal habits of mind and patterns of behavior that will transform how you think and feel in various situations.
A mind map, of course, does this beautifully because it mirrors the synaptic connections made in your brain as you try to establish new habits of thought and behavior. It brings together key concepts and ideas that help your brain to fully integrate and process this information. The brain, subsequently, rewires itself as it attempts to establish new habits of mind. It’s an ideal tool for creating lasting change and transformation.
When you purchase the Hack Disappointment IQ Matrix you will receive:
- A PDF copy of the IQ Matrix, which you can use for printing in high resolution.
- A JPG image file of the IQ Matrix, which is ideal for viewing on tablets and mobile devices.
- An Idea Generation Template of the IQ Matrix that provides you with a segmented canvas for brainstorming ideas about this topic.
- A Free Form Template of the IQ Matrix that provides you with an almost blank canvas for exploring this topic in a multitude of creative ways.
- A Memory Recall Template of the IQ Matrix that helps you recall the information contained within the map from memory.
- A Language Translation Template of the IQ Matrix that provides you with a canvas for translating the content of this map into another language.
- A MindManager file for those who wish to edit the content of the mind map (text only version).
- An Xmind file for those who want an alternative to MindManager (text only version).
- A Desktop Background version of the map you can use for reference on your computer.
- A Second and Third Version of the map with an additional layer of text that gives you deeper insights into this topic.
Additional visual resources and variations of this IQ Matrix might be added to your account page at no extra cost in the future.