The Hack Regret IQ Matrix explores how to work through feelings of regret that can often sabotage our state of mind and the hope we have for the future. Living with regret weighs heavily on the heart and can at times trigger deeper feelings of dissatisfaction and depression. Moreover, it can negatively impact other areas of our lives. It’s not easy living with regret, but there are certain things you can do that will instantly lift the weight of regret from upon your shoulders. This mind map walks you through a four-step process you can use to work through feelings of regret. It presents you with numerous questions and provides you with unique insights that will challenge you to think about the things you regret in an empowering new way.
Here is a quick breakdown of each branch of the Hack Regret IQ Matrix:
RECOGNIZE: Your initial objective is to recognize the moment you experience regret. You need to capture that moment before it takes hold of you. The first branch of this mind map walks you through what you must immediately do after you feel that uneasy feeling of regret creeping up on you.
ASSESS: Now that you are in a more proactive state of mind, it’s time to assess the situation and the possibilities that this might bring to light. The second branch of this mind map takes you through a series of questions that will help you to evaluate the situation and explore the alternative choices you had before you. This is where a shift begins to take place – where you begin to change your mind and feelings about the situation.
EXPLORE: Now that you are moving on the right track, it’s time to explore three key areas that will instantly change how you feel about the situation. The third branch of this mind map walks you through a set of questions that explore worst-case scenarios, favorable scenarios and lessons learned. Use these questions to proactively alter how you think about the thing you regret.
MINIMIZE: The final branch of this mind map takes you through a series of questions and guidelines to help you minimize the impact of future regrets. Of particular value are the questions that explore various lenses. If you use these lenses effectively, you will rarely if ever experience the feeling of regret.
This map provides a roadmap for hacking regret. Referencing it regularly and committing it to memory will help you to embed these principles into your subconscious mind. Only in this way will you develop optimal habits of mind and patterns of behavior that will transform how you think and feel in various situations.
A mind map, of course, does this beautifully because it mirrors the synaptic connections made in your brain as you try to establish new habits of thought and behavior. It brings together key concepts and ideas that help your brain to fully integrate and process this information. The brain, subsequently, rewires itself as it attempts to establish new habits of mind. It’s an ideal tool for creating lasting change and transformation.
When you purchase the Hack Regret IQ Matrix you will receive:
- A PDF copy of the IQ Matrix, which you can use for printing in high resolution.
- A JPG image file of the IQ Matrix, which is ideal for viewing on tablets and mobile devices.
- An Idea Generation Template of the IQ Matrix that provides you with a segmented canvas for brainstorming ideas about this topic.
- A Free Form Template of the IQ Matrix that provides you with an almost blank canvas for exploring this topic in a multitude of creative ways.
- A Memory Recall Template of the IQ Matrix that helps you recall the information contained within the map from memory.
- A Language Translation Template of the IQ Matrix that provides you with a canvas for translating the content of this map into another language.
- A MindManager file for those who wish to edit the content of the mind map (text only version).
- An Xmind file for those who want an alternative to MindManager (text only version).
- A Desktop Background version of the map you can use for reference on your computer.
- A Second and Third Version of the map with an additional layer of text that gives you deeper insights into this topic.
Additional visual resources and variations of this IQ Matrix might be added to your account page at no extra cost in the future.