The Handling Rejection IQ Matrix challenges you to transform how you interpret the fear of rejection. Rejection can, in fact, be an extremely beneficial and helpful circumstance that accelerates our growth and development. We must, however, first come to appreciate the value it can bring to our lives. This mind map outlines the advantages of rejection. It breaks down how to effectively cope with feelings of rejection. It then highlights how to get the most from every rejection you face. And it concludes with an overview of how to best prepare yourself for future rejection. Learning how to handle rejection is just one of those things that all high achievers have worked through. Rejection no longer phases them. They understand its value and use it as a source of motivation to build the momentum they need to achieve their goals.
Here is a quick breakdown of each branch of the Handling Rejection mind map.
- Understanding Rejection: The first branch of this map explores how rejection can be an incredibly beneficial tool for our personal growth and the progress we make in life. It is, after all, the people who are rejected most that have a greater chance of getting what they want. Why? Because every rejection becomes a learning experience. And every learning experience forces this person to change their approach. And that is how they eventually get what they want.
- Coping with Rejection: The second branch of this map explores how to cope when you get rejected. It provides you with several guidelines on how to respond to rejection sincerely and gracefully. When you learn to respond to rejection with humility and gratitude, you naturally experience a surge of confidence that empowers you to keep moving forward irrespective of what other people might say or think.
- Learning from Rejection: The third branch of this map outlines several critical areas you must address and pivotal questions you must ask yourself right after a rejection. Following these guidelines will help you learn from this experience and make the necessary course-corrections to minimize future rejections.
- Preparing for Rejection: It’s better to be prepared than to be surprised when an unexpected rejection smacks you in the face. 😉 This branch looks at several things you can do to prepare yourself for the inevitable rejections you are likely to face in the pursuit of your goals.
This map provides a roadmap and framework for handling and learning from your rejections, then using those lessons to improve your chances of success. Referencing it regularly and committing it to memory will help you to embed these concepts and ideas into your subconscious mind.
A mind map, of course, does this beautifully because it mirrors the synaptic connections made in your brain as you try to establish new habits of thought and behavior. It brings together key concepts and ideas that help your brain to fully integrate and process this information. The brain, subsequently, rewires itself as it attempts to establish new habits of mind. It’s an ideal tool for creating lasting change and transformation.
Stick with these principles, memorize and incorporate them into your life, and you will progressively develop the necessary habits-of-mind to help you make the most of every rejection you face.
When you purchase the Handling Rejection IQ Matrix you will receive:
- A PDF copy of the IQ Matrix, which you can use for printing in high resolution.
- A JPG image file of the IQ Matrix, which is ideal for viewing on tablets and mobile devices.
- A Desktop Background version of the map you can use for reference on your computer.
- A MindManager file for those who wish to edit the content of the IQ Matrix.
- A printable PDF summary of this IQ Matrix to help you better understand each concept.
Additional visual resources and variations of this IQ Matrix might be added to your account page at no extra cost in the future.