The Inverted Thinking IQ Matrix explores an alternate way to think about your life, problems, and circumstances. Instead of thinking about what can be done, inverted thinking challenges you to consider what can’t be done. Instead of thinking about how to succeed, you reflect on how you could potentially fail and the mistakes you could make. Instead of thinking about what it takes to achieve a goal, you mull over worst-case scenarios that will likely hinder your progress. Inversion isn’t about being negative; it’s instead about foreseeing the possible negative scenarios that could eventuate. Thinking in this way provides you with unique insights into your situation that can help you plan and generate answers to overcome the potential pitfalls of your decisions.
Here is a quick breakdown of each branch of the Inverted Thinking mind map.
INVOLVES: Inverted thinking is essential for leading a logical and rational life that helps improve decision-making. It requires defining the outcome you don’t want, then planning out the steps to avoid getting that result. Inverting a problem won’t guarantee a solution, but it can help you see it in a different light. Moreover, it keeps you out of trouble and potentially enables you to avoid the pitfalls of making poor decisions that could lead to the downfall of your goal. In other words, inversion helps you avoid stupidity.
HELPS: It is often easier to eliminate errors than to master peak performance. Inverted thinking helps you avoid the circumstances that make it easy to make big mistakes as you work toward your goal. The more you understand what will cause you to fail, the better armed you will be to make the right decisions that will help you avoid critical mistakes. In other words, you must avoid the mistakes that put achievement at risk. That’s what Inverted Thinking will do for you.
USE: Now that you understand what it means to invert your thinking, the final two branches present you with several practical examples of how to use Inverted Thinking in real life. Specifically, these branches break down how to use inversion to increase productivity, achieve your goals, overcome fear, live a better life, and improve your finances. These are, of course, only just examples of potential uses. Inversion can be used to solve any problem you face. All that’s required is an understanding of the principles behind inversion. Once you understand the principles, you can use them in many ways.
This map provides a roadmap and framework for thinking differently about your life, problems, and circumstances. Referencing it regularly and committing it to memory will help you to embed these concepts and ideas into your subconscious mind.
A mind map, of course, does this beautifully because it mirrors the synaptic connections made in your brain as you try to establish new habits of thought and behavior. It brings together key concepts and ideas that help your brain to fully integrate and process this information. The brain, subsequently, rewires itself as it attempts to establish new habits of mind. It’s an ideal tool for creating lasting change and transformation.
When you purchase the Inverted Thinking IQ Matrix you will receive:
- A PDF copy of the IQ Matrix, which you can use for printing in high resolution.
- A JPG image file of the IQ Matrix, which is ideal for viewing on tablets and mobile devices.
- An Idea Generation Template of the IQ Matrix that provides you with a segmented canvas for brainstorming ideas about this topic.
- A Free Form Template of the IQ Matrix that provides you with an almost blank canvas for exploring this topic in a multitude of creative ways.
- A Memory Recall Template of the IQ Matrix that helps you recall the information contained within the map from memory.
- A Language Translation Template of the IQ Matrix that provides you with a canvas for translating the content of this map into another language.
- A MindManager file for those who wish to edit the content of the mind map (text-only version).
- An Xmind file for those who want an alternative to MindManager (text-only version).
- A Desktop Background version of the map you can use for reference on your computer.
- A Second and Third Version of the map with an additional layer of text that gives you deeper insights into this topic.
Additional visual resources and variations of this IQ Matrix will be added to your account page at no extra cost when made available.