The NLP Meta-Programs IQ Matrix explores how to understand the meta-programs that impact the choices and decisions you make each day. Meta-programs are mental shortcuts that direct your decisions, behaviors, actions, and interactions with others. They are internal representations of your external experience of reality. They determine how your brain pays attention to things and what it pays attention to. Meta-programs are like software applications for the brain, where one software program controls the execution of numerous other programs. The software runs in the background and directs your thoughts, beliefs, values, memories, and responses.
Meta-programs are, therefore, mental programs that run our lives at an unconscious level of awareness. These mental programs determine how information is processed in the brain. They effectively decide what to delete, distort, or generalize from our experience. This mind map explores the impact that these meta-programs have on our lives.
There are 51 meta-programs in total. This mind map covers five meta-programs that have the most significant impact on our lives. The five meta-programs explored within this map include Frame of Reference Sort, Self or Other Sort, Match or Mismatch Sort, Action Sort, and Necessity or Possibility Sort. As you work through this map and become more familiar with these meta-programs, you will progressively begin taking greater control over the underlying thoughts that impact your decisions and actions. This will, subsequently, help you accomplish your goals with far less struggle and greater clarity of mind.
Here is a quick breakdown of each branch of the NLP Meta-Programs mind map.
- Meta-Programs: This mind map breaks down, defines, and analyzes the impact that meta-programs have on our lives. There are 51 meta-programs in total. However, this IQ Matrix only covers five essential meta-programs that influence our daily decisions and actions. Within the four branches of this mind map, you will find a breakdown of each meta-program. Moreover, you will discover how each meta-program influences how you perceive the world around you. Additionally, each branch highlights effective strategies you can immediately apply to influence people in your life using your understanding of these meta-programs.
- The Five Meta-Programs: The five meta-programs explored within this mind map include (1) Frame of Reference Internal or External Sort, (2) Self or Other Sort, (3) Match or Mismatch Sort, (4) Active or Reflective Sort, and (5) Necessity or Possibility Sort. People typically make decisions based on one type of sort. For instance, they can be a matcher or mismatcher sort. Or they can be a self or other sort. Once you understand what people’s preferences are, you can then use that knowledge to influence their decisions and actions.
This map provides a roadmap and framework for understanding how we make decisions using NLP meta-programs. Referencing it regularly and committing it to memory will help you to embed these concepts and ideas into your subconscious mind.
A mind map, of course, does this beautifully because it mirrors the synaptic connections made in your brain as you try to establish new habits of thought and behavior. It brings together key concepts and ideas that help your brain to fully integrate and process this information. The brain, subsequently, rewires itself as it attempts to establish new habits of mind. It’s an ideal tool for creating lasting change and transformation.
Stick with these principles, memorize and incorporate your understanding of these fundamental aspects of your psychology into your life, and you will progressively learn how to direct your thoughts, behavior, and actions in self-supportive ways.
When you purchase the Meta-ProgramsIQ Matrix you will receive:
- A PDF copy of the IQ Matrix, which you can use for printing in high resolution.
- A JPG image file of the IQ Matrix, which is ideal for viewing on tablets and mobile devices.
- A Desktop Background version of the map you can use for reference on your computer.
- A MindManager file for those who wish to edit the content of the IQ Matrix.
- A printable PDF summary of this IQ Matrix to help you better understand each concept.
Additional visual resources and variations of this IQ Matrix might be added to your account page at no extra cost in the future.