The Strength to Forgive IQ Matrix explores how to find the strength to forgive others for the hurt they’ve inflicted on you. There are, however, two sides of forgiveness. To fully heal, you must also find the strength to forgive yourself for the hurt you’ve inflicted on others. At times, it’s simply about forgiving yourself for the mistakes you’ve made. This mind map provides insights into how forgiveness can positively impact our lives. It breaks down a five-step process for forgiving another person. The mind map concludes by outlining how to forgive yourself for your mistakes or for the hurt you’ve inflicted on others.
Here is a quick breakdown of each branch of the Strength to Forgive mind map.
- Understanding Forgiveness: The first branch of this map provides you with several unique insights into the act of forgiveness and the impact it has on our lives. As you read through this branch, you will come to understand how your thoughts generate pain. The key is to begin letting go of the attachment you have to this pain. That’s the only way you will find the strength to move forward in a better way.
- Forgiving Other People: It’s not easy to forgive another person. This is especially true if they have hurt you. There are, however, many benefits to forgiveness. Benefits that serve you and the other person. This branch specifically looks at how to go about forgiving another person. It presents you with a five-step process you can use to let go of all emotional attachments. Moreover, you will learn to forgive others for their actions, words, and mistakes. The steps involve acknowledging your pain, identifying the other person’s pain, finding common ground, awakening the inner child, and forgiving. There are various layers to this process that have been outlined in the map.
- Guidelines for Forgiveness: At times, it’s impossible to forgive another person directly. That, however, shouldn’t stop you from accepting forgiveness within yourself. This branch provides you with several insights on how to best forgive people indirectly. It also provides additional suggestions that will help you become more aware of your personal needs and boundaries.
- Forgiving Yourself: Forgiving others is only one side of the coin. You also need to be able to forgive yourself for your mistakes. Maybe, you hurt another person or you’re just being too hard on yourself. Either way, it might be time to forgive yourself and release the emotional burden that has been weighing on your shoulders.
This map provides a roadmap and framework for becoming more forgiving of yourself and others. Referencing it regularly and committing it to memory will help you to embed these concepts and ideas into your subconscious mind.
A mind map, of course, does this beautifully because it mirrors the synaptic connections made in your brain as you try to establish new habits of thought and behavior. It brings together key concepts and ideas that help your brain to fully integrate and process this information. The brain, subsequently, rewires itself as it attempts to establish new habits of mind. It’s an ideal tool for creating lasting change and transformation.
Stick with these principles, memorize and incorporate them into your life, and you will progressively find the strength to forgive others for the hurt they’ve inflicted on you. Likewise, you will find the strength to forgive yourself for the mistakes you’ve made. All of which will release you from the emotional burden you’ve been carrying around all this time.
When you purchase the Strength to Forgive IQ Matrix you will receive:
- A PDF copy of the IQ Matrix, which you can use for printing in high resolution.
- A JPG image file of the IQ Matrix, which is ideal for viewing on tablets and mobile devices.
- A Desktop Background version of the map you can use for reference on your computer.
- A MindManager file for those who wish to edit the content of the IQ Matrix.
Additional visual resources and variations of this IQ Matrix might be added to your account page at no extra cost in the future.