The Life Coaching Wheel IQ Matrix provides a life coach with a visual representation of their client’s current and desired reality. The life coaching wheel is based on a popular life coaching tool used within the coaching industry. It is commonly used to help a client find balance in life, especially when dealing with life transitions and change. Even though this is a tool for life coaches to use with their clients. It’s also of tremendous value for self-coaching purposes. It can, for instance, be used for prioritizing activities, for tracking progress to a goal, for identifying gaps in knowledge and skill areas, and much more. The mind map specifically breaks down the purpose of the life coaching wheel. It then provides you with guidelines on how to use the wheel during a coaching session.
Here is a quick breakdown of each branch of the Life Coaching Wheel mind map.
- The Life Coaching Wheel: The first branch of this map introduces the life coaching wheel and the purpose behind this coaching tool. Its main purpose is to lay down the groundwork for future coaching sessions — particularly to help your client find balance in life. There are, however, alternate uses for the wheel. You can, for instance, use it to help your client prioritize their activities, to track progress toward a goal, to identify gaps in knowledge and skill areas, and much more.
- Begin the Process: Your first task is to identify what life areas your client values most. These areas will become the focus of the coaching wheel. Typically, you will ask your client to highlight on the wheel their level of satisfaction in key areas of their life. This lays down the groundwork for the activity and for the questions that follow.
- Critical Life Areas: This is where you explore your client’s self-assessment ratings in more depth. It’s important to do this by asking your client a set of questions about each life area. These questions must challenge them to think about their life in a variety of ways. This branch presents you with numerous questions that you can use for this purpose.
- Conclude the Process: When concluding this process, it’s important to remember that the purpose of this tool is to help your client find balance. Moreover, it paves the way forward for the goal-setting process. This final branch provides you with the essential guidelines to do exactly that.
This map provides a roadmap and framework for working with the life coaching wheel. Referencing it regularly and committing it to memory will help you to embed these concepts and ideas into your subconscious mind.
A mind map, of course, does this beautifully because it mirrors the synaptic connections made in your brain as you try to establish new habits of thought and behavior. It brings together key concepts and ideas that help your brain to fully integrate and process this information. The brain, subsequently, rewires itself as it attempts to establish new habits of mind. It’s an ideal tool for creating lasting change and transformation.
Stick with these principles, memorize and incorporate this tool into your life coaching practice, and you will gain valuable insights into your client’s life, priorities, and goals. Moreover, these insights will provide you with the relevant answers you need to structure your coaching sessions.
For more information about the life coaching wheel, please see The Wheel of Life.
When you purchase the Life Coaching Wheel IQ Matrix you will receive:
- A PDF copy of the IQ Matrix, which you can use for printing in high resolution.
- A JPG image file of the IQ Matrix, which is ideal for viewing on tablets and mobile devices.
- A Desktop Background version of the map you can use for reference on your computer.
- A MindManager file for those who wish to edit the content of the IQ Matrix.
- A printable PDF summary that breaks down each branch of the IQ Matrix in detail.
- A Visual Thinking template and Instruction Manual to help you explore this topic in a visual way using visual thinking principles.
Additional visual resources and variations of this IQ Matrix might be added to your account page at no extra cost in the future.