The Curb Television Addiction IQ Matrix provides you with an action plan for making smarter choices when it comes to your television viewing habits. This isn’t so much about eliminating television altogether. It’s rather about watching the right kind of television that can help enrich your life. But, of course, moderation must always be kept in mind. Without moderation, productive television viewing can become destructive. Life, ultimately, exists outside the television box and not inside it.
This mind map and accompanying 20 page eBook will help curb your television addiction by presenting you with a variety of questions and suggestions that will inspire you to make better and smarter viewing choices.
Here is a quick breakdown of each branch of the Curb Television Addiction mind map.
- Stop Watching Television: There comes a time in everyone’s life where we come to realize just how much time we’ve spent wasting our lives watching mindless television programs. Did you know that the average person watches approximately 5.5 hours of television per day? That totals to almost three months of television viewing each year. That’s one-quarter of a year spent watching television! What could we have potentially done with those three months if we spent our time elsewhere? The first branch of this mind map explores why you should stop watching television and the positive impact that this can have on your life.
- Curb Your Television Addiction Process: Eliminating television is, of course, never going to be easy. That’s why it’s helpful to move through a three-step process that will allow you to re-prioritize your daily choices and help you take charge of your schedule. This is, of course, not about eliminating all forms of television. It’s rather about making smarter choices that will allow you to gain maximum value from every hour of your day.
- Questions to Ask Yourself: The third branch of this map presents you with a set of questions that will unlock the real reasons why you watch those “unmissable” television shows. Once you understand your motivations you will be in a better position to make smarter viewing choices. Just maybe, some of those “unmissable” shows are not so “unmissable” after all. Just maybe, you would gain far more long-term value by focusing on other things. Just think about all that you’re missing out on when you choose to watch that television show?
- Suggestions and Guidelines: The final branch of this mind map provides you with guidelines and suggestions that will help you make smarter television viewing choices. Implementing these ideas can profoundly impact your life on many levels. When we let go of our addiction to television, a world of opportunity opens for us.
This map provides a roadmap and framework for overcoming television addiction and making the most of your time. Referencing it regularly and committing it to memory will help you to embed these concepts and ideas into your subconscious mind.
A mind map, of course, does this beautifully because it mirrors the synaptic connections made in your brain as you try to establish new habits of thought and behavior. It brings together key concepts and ideas that help your brain to fully integrate and process this information. The brain, subsequently, rewires itself as it attempts to establish new habits of mind. It’s an ideal tool for creating lasting change and transformation.
Stick with these principles, memorize and incorporate them into your life, and you will progressively begin making smarter television viewing choices. As a result, you will have more free time on your hands to begin focusing on areas that bring the most long-term fulfillment, joy, happiness, and success. You might even find the time to work on those goals you’ve been putting off all these years. 😉
When you purchase the Curb Television Addiction IQ Matrix you will receive:
- A PDF copy of the IQ Matrix, which you can use for printing in high resolution.
- A JPG image file of the IQ Matrix, which is ideal for viewing on tablets and mobile devices.
- A Desktop Background version of the map you can use for reference on your computer.
- A MindManager file for those who wish to edit the content of the IQ Matrix.
- A printable PDF eBook summary of this IQ Matrix to help you better understand each concept.
Additional visual resources and variations of this IQ Matrix might be added to your account page at no extra cost in the future.