The Overcome FoMO IQ Matrix explores how to overcome the fear of missing out by embracing the moment and making the most of your circumstances. We experience FoMO when we overestimate how good another experience is while devaluing our own experience. FoMO can lead to debilitating anxiety, apprehension, regret, envy, and general dissatisfaction with life. It makes us feel inadequate and hinders our ability to focus on important goals that would help improve life satisfaction and fulfillment.
This map walks you through how to recognize FoMO; challenge your unhelpful thoughts; gain clarity of mind and make the most of your current life experience. Using this map as a guide will help you reprioritize and align your activities and experiences with your core values and goals to find deeper meaning and purpose in life.
Here is a quick breakdown of each branch of the Overcome FoMO mind map.
RECOGNIZE: We experience FoMO in various degrees throughout the day. The first branch of this map helps you identify the moments when you’re potentially overestimating how good another experience is while devaluing your own. If your current experience does not match your values and goals, then that typically leads to FoMO. And that’s precisely what we need to address.
CHALLENGE: Once you have identified your FoMO, it’s time to gain some perspective and work through any unhelpful thoughts that might be clouding how you’re viewing or interpreting the situation. The second branch of this map presents you with numerous questions that challenge your assumptions and perspective of the experience you’re longing for. Asking these questions will help put your mind at ease by giving you the knowledge that what you’re missing out on might not be all that it promises to be.
EMBRACE: Now that you’re feeling a little better, it’s time to gain a little more clarity. You will need this clarity to help you make better decisions throughout the day – decisions that direct you toward your most important values and goals. The third branch of this map walks you through how to gain the clarity you need to make crucial decisions that drive you toward meaningful and important things in your life. Use the guidelines here to make better choices that lead to rewarding experiences.
PRACTICE: The final branch of this map takes you through how to practice JoMO. JoMO is about embracing the Joy of Missing Out by accepting that we can’t have or do it all. However, it’s also much more than that. JoMO is also about making the best and most of your current life experience to help you gain maximum life satisfaction and fulfillment. And that often comes through the practice of mindfulness, meditation, and the act of infusing more meaning into everything you do.
This map provides a roadmap and framework for overcoming the fear of missing out by making the best of your experience. Referencing it regularly and committing it to memory will help you embed these concepts and ideas into your subconscious mind.
A mind map, of course, does this beautifully because it mirrors the synaptic connections made in your brain as you try to establish new habits of thought and behavior. It brings together key concepts and ideas that help your brain to fully integrate and process this information. The brain, subsequently, rewires itself as it attempts to establish new habits of mind. It’s an ideal tool for creating lasting change and transformation.
When you purchase the Overcome FoMO IQ Matrix you will receive:
- A PDF copy of the IQ Matrix, which you can use for printing in high resolution.
- A JPG image file of the IQ Matrix, which is ideal for viewing on tablets and mobile devices.
- An Idea Generation Template of the IQ Matrix that provides you with a segmented canvas for brainstorming ideas about this topic.
- A Free Form Template of the IQ Matrix that provides you with an almost blank canvas for exploring this topic in a multitude of creative ways.
- A Memory Recall Template of the IQ Matrix that helps you recall the information contained within the map from memory.
- A Language Translation Template of the IQ Matrix that provides you with a canvas for translating the content of this map into another language.
- A MindManager file for those who wish to edit the content of the mind map (text only version).
- An Xmind file for those who want an alternative to MindManager (text-only version).
- A Desktop Background version of the map you can use for reference on your computer.
- A Second and Third Version of the map with an additional layer of text that gives you deeper insights into this topic.
Additional visual resources and variations of this IQ Matrix will be added to your account page at no extra cost when made available.