The Primary Temperaments IQ Matrix explores the four primary temperaments based on the work of John T. Cocoris. Temperaments are inborn traits that direct how we relate to others, how we respond to events, and how we react to the world and situations in general. A temperament is, in other words, our animal nature of how we are at the core of our being. These temperaments are built upon a specific set of traits. These traits form the basis of four primary temperaments that are known as the Choleric, Sanguine, Phlegmatic, and Melancholy temperaments. Each temperament comes with its own unique set of strengths and weaknesses that affect how people respond to the world around them. No single temperament is necessarily better than others. It all depends on how a person chooses to live their life.
Here is a quick breakdown of each branch of the Primary Temperaments mind map.
- The Primary Temperaments: The first branch of this map provides us with an understanding and definition of a temperament. In addition to this, the branch highlights the value and importance of learning to accept and embrace our temperament. Irrelevant to the strengths and weaknesses of each temperament, we are naturally at our best when we embrace who we are without resistance.
- Understanding the Four Temperaments: The remaining four branches of the map explore the four primary temperaments including The Choleric, Sanguine, Phlegmatic, and Melancholy temperaments. Within each of these four branches, you will discover what makes each of these temperaments unique. Moreover, you will learn about the natural tendencies and inclinations of each temperament as it relates to people and interacts with its environment.
This map provides a roadmap and framework for understanding the primary temperaments and their tendencies. Referencing it regularly and committing it to memory will help you to embed these concepts and ideas into your subconscious mind.
A mind map, of course, does this beautifully because it mirrors the synaptic connections made in your brain as you try to establish new habits of thought and behavior. It brings together key concepts and ideas that help your brain to fully integrate and process this information. The brain, subsequently, rewires itself as it attempts to establish new habits of mind. It’s an ideal tool for creating lasting change and transformation.
Reading through this map and familiarizing yourself with these four primary temperaments will help you identify which one of these four temperaments best describes how you are as a person at your core. Identifying your temperament type will reveal your natural strengths and weaknesses. You can then work on developing your strengths while addressing any weaknesses that might be hindering your progress. In addition to this, you will be better able to recognize these temperaments in the people you interact with, which will help you to influence and guide them far more effectively.
When you purchase the Primary Temperaments IQ Matrix you will receive:
- A PDF copy of the IQ Matrix, which you can use for printing in high resolution.
- A JPG image file of the IQ Matrix, which is ideal for viewing on tablets and mobile devices.
- A Desktop Background version of the map you can use for reference on your computer.
- A MindManager file for those who wish to edit the content of the IQ Matrix.
Additional visual resources and variations of this IQ Matrix might be added to your account page at no extra cost in the future.