The Reading People IQ Matrix explores how to better recognize and understand people’s nonverbal signals. When we communicate, we do so on two distinct levels. We first communicate at a verbal level using words, phrases, questions, and sentences. Secondly, we communicate on a nonverbal level through our gestures, body language, and facial expressions. Understanding these nonverbal cues can help us to quickly recognize what people are potentially thinking, feeling, and emotionalizing. Furthermore, it helps us to better understand people’s motives and intentions within social situations.
This mind map explores how to recognize and decipher eight common ways people tend to come across while interacting with others. Understanding how to read people in this way will help you gain insight into their underlying thoughts, motives, and intentions. You can then use that understanding to influence their behavior, decisions, and actions.
Here is a quick breakdown of each branch of the Reading People mind map.
- Understanding People: All four branches of this map break down eight common ways people come across while interacting with others. For instance, a person can either come across as being engaged or disengaged. A person can also show signs of deceit or defensiveness. Recognizing the difference between each of these intentions can help you to better direct the conversation. It is also helpful to understand the difference between a person who comes across as confident compared to someone who is attempting to assert their dominance and authority. Finally, some people naturally come across as being friendly and relaxed, while at other times you will notice subtle signs in their body language, gestures, facial expressions and demeanor that will suggest that they are interested romantically. Taking the time to work through this map will help you to better recognize and understand each of these nuances in behavior in the people you interact with.
This map provides a roadmap and framework for understanding people’s behavior and intentions. Referencing it regularly and committing it to memory will help you to embed these concepts and ideas into your subconscious mind.
A mind map, of course, does this beautifully because it mirrors the synaptic connections made in your brain as you try to establish new habits of thought and behavior. It brings together key concepts and ideas that help your brain to fully integrate and process this information. The brain, subsequently, rewires itself as it attempts to establish new habits of mind. It’s an ideal tool for creating lasting change and transformation.
Stick with these principles, memorize and incorporate them into your daily interactions with others and you will progressively become a very skilled reader of people. Within moments of meeting someone, you will quickly recognize how they are potentially feeling towards you. You can, subsequently, adjust your approach, body language, and communication style accordingly. Understanding this map will also raise your awareness of your nonverbal communication habits, which will help you recognize how you’re coming across to others in social situations.
When you purchase the Reading People IQ Matrix you will receive:
- A PDF copy of the IQ Matrix, which you can use for printing in high resolution.
- A JPG image file of the IQ Matrix, which is ideal for viewing on tablets and mobile devices.
- A Desktop Background version of the map you can use for reference on your computer.
- A MindManager file for those who wish to edit the content of the IQ Matrix.
Additional visual resources and variations of this IQ Matrix might be added to your account page at no extra cost in the future.