The Reframing Reality IQ Matrix explores how to shift your perspective about your life, problems, and circumstances using NLP framing and reframing techniques. These perspective shifts will encourage adaptive thinking practices that you can apply to various aspects of your life. But, before we get there, we first need to understand what framing is about.
Framing is a mental structure built upon the beliefs you have about yourself, your roles, your circumstances, and about other people. It is a structure you use to ascribe meaning to given circumstances. In other words, the meaning you ascribe to any event is dependent upon how you frame it in your mind. As such, your frames shape how you see the world, how you see yourself, how you view others, and how you interpret your life.
Reframing, on the other hand, is a linguistic tool used to consciously change your limiting frames to help support your desired goals, beliefs, and behaviors. Reframing does this by interrupting your old unhelpful thought patterns with new interpretations and perspectives of reality that are more helpful and supportive of your desired objectives.
Here is a quick breakdown of each branch of the Reframing Reality mind map.
- Framing and Reframing: The first branch of this map defines what it means to frame and reframe our reality. This branch also breaks down the value of using both techniques.
- Basic Framing Techniques: The second branch of this map presents three effective framing techniques that you can immediately begin using in your life. These techniques include (1) The As If Frame, (2) The Systematic Frame, and (3) The Outcome Frame. Here you will also find several self-reflection questions that will help you apply each frame to real-life circumstances.
- Framing for Problem Solving: The third branch of this map outlines how to use framing to work through pressing problems in your life. Here you are presented with the Ecology Frame and the Problem Solving Frame. Use the accompanying self-reflection questions to help you apply each frame to real-life circumstances.
- Reframing Techniques: The final branch of this map introduces the technique of reframing. Here you are presented with two types of reframes. The first is the Context Reframe, which alters your perception and interpretation of behavior. And the second is the Content Reframe, which alters the meaning of behavior. This branch also provides you with guidelines for reframing the events and circumstances of your life. Furthermore, it walks you through a three-step process for reframing your behavior. The steps of this process include (1) identifying your limiting behavior, (2) changing your meaning, and (3) reframing your behavior.
This map provides a roadmap and framework for using framing and reframing techniques to work through problems and transform your behavior. Referencing it regularly and committing it to memory will help you to embed these concepts and ideas into your subconscious mind.
A mind map, of course, does this beautifully because it mirrors the synaptic connections made in your brain as you try to establish new habits of thought and behavior. It brings together key concepts and ideas that help your brain to fully integrate and process this information. The brain, subsequently, rewires itself as it attempts to establish new habits of mind. It’s an ideal tool for creating lasting change and transformation.
Stick with these principles, memorize and use them to frame and reframe your experience of reality, and you will progressively develop the ability to instantly alter your perspective of the events and circumstances in your life in empowering ways.
When you purchase the Reframing Reality IQ Matrix you will receive:
- A PDF copy of the IQ Matrix, which you can use for printing in high resolution.
- A JPG image file of the IQ Matrix, which is ideal for viewing on tablets and mobile devices.
- A Desktop Background version of the map you can use for reference on your computer.
- A MindManager file for those who wish to edit the content of the IQ Matrix.
- A printable PDF summary of this IQ Matrix to help you better understand each concept.
Additional visual resources and variations of this IQ Matrix might be added to your account page at no extra cost in the future.