The Dealing with Bullies IQ Matrix explores how to handle altercations with bullies. Even though this mind map is designed with kids in mind, it can also be helpful for adults dealing with bullying at work. The mind map presents two points of view from the victim as well as from the bully’s perspective. Navigating through this map helps us to better understand both perspectives of a bullying situation. This encourages us to approach circumstances in a far more compassionate way. Working through this map you will discover how to build confidence, how to avoid bullies, how to sensibly confront bullies, and how to deal with the aftermath of a bullying incident.
Here is a quick breakdown of each branch of the Dealing with Bullies mind map.
- Bullying: The first branch of this map explores the consequences that bullying has on victims of bullying. This branch also delves into the reasons why bullies tend to use bullying as a means of getting what they want from others.
- Building Confidence: Bullies often threaten victims who lack confidence or the necessary social skills to talk their way out of a situation. The second branch of this map explores how kids can build confidence in themselves and their abilities. This confidence will provide them with the self-belief they need to stand up to whatever challenges life throws their way.
- Avoiding Bullies: Having confidence can only take us so far. If bullies are causing trouble, then often the best thing to do is to simply avoid them. The third branch of this map provides kids with ideas to help them to avoid confronting bullies.
- Confronting Bullies: At times, no matter what kids do, they won’t be able to avoid getting bullied. They must, therefore, prepare mentally for those uncomfortable moments when a bully confronts them. The fourth branch of this map provides kids with ideas on how best to confront a bully when there exist no other options.
- After Being Bullied: Most bullying incidents often get left unresolved. Kids might naturally feel uncomfortable and afraid to talk with adults about their experiences. The final branch of this map provides kids with an action plan they can work through to gain the support they need to put an end to bullying.
This map provides a roadmap and framework for developing the confidence and know-how required to effectively deal with bullies. Referencing it regularly and committing it to memory will help you to embed these concepts and ideas into your subconscious mind.
A mind map, of course, does this beautifully because it mirrors the synaptic connections made in your brain as you try to establish new habits of thought and behavior. It brings together key concepts and ideas that help your brain to fully integrate and process this information. The brain, subsequently, rewires itself as it attempts to establish new habits of mind. It’s an ideal tool for creating lasting change and transformation.
Help your kids stick with these principles and memorize them as best they can, and they will progressively acquire the knowledge, experience, and confidence they need to eradicate bullying from their life.
When you purchase the Dealing with Bullies IQ Matrix you will receive:
- A PDF copy of the IQ Matrix, which you can use for printing in high resolution.
- A JPG image file of the IQ Matrix, which is ideal for viewing on tablets and mobile devices.
- A Desktop Background version of the map you can use for reference on your computer.
- A MindManager file for those who wish to edit the content of the IQ Matrix.
Additional visual resources and variations of this IQ Matrix might be added to your account page at no extra cost in the future.