The Unhelpful Thinking Styles IQ Matrix will help you to better understand how your thinking influences your life and perspective of the world around you. Moreover, it will reveal how you’re sabotaging yourself each day in subtle ways that is preventing you from achieving your goals and objectives. An understanding of each of these 10 unhelpful thinking styles will help you to shift how you think about and interpret the world around you. Becoming aware of these tendencies will help you to take control of your thoughts and your life in remarkable ways.
Here is a quick breakdown of each branch of the Unhelpful Thinking Styles IQ Matrix:
- Mental Filter: Filtering In and Out information negatively.
- Jumping to Conclusions: Making quick negative assumptions.
- Personalization: Blaming self for everything.
- Black and White Thinking: Seeing only extremes of any situation.
- Catastrophizing: Making problems seem more horrible then they are in reality.
- Overgeneralization: Making broad generalizations upon little evidence.
- Shoulding and Musting: Putting unreasonable pressures and demands on self.
- Labeling: Making global statements labeling others and self upon behavior in very specific situations.
- Magnification and Minimization: Magnifying positive attributes of others, while minimizing personal attributes.
- Emotional Reasoning: Taking emotions as evidence of truth.
By learning to become consciously aware of these Unhelpful Thinking Styles, you will begin to take control of your patterns of thinking and thusly be better able to redirect them in far more optimal ways.
When you purchase the Unhelpful Thinking Styles IQ Matrix you will receive:
- A PDF copy of the IQ Matrix, which you can use for printing in high resolution.
- A JPG image file of the IQ Matrix, which is ideal for viewing on tablets and mobile devices.
- A MindManager file for those who wish to edit the content of the IQ Matrix.
- A printable PDF summary of this IQ Matrix to help you better understand each concept.
About the MindManager file format
This file can be opened and edited using MindManager mind mapping software. Alternatively you can also use iMindMap or the free mind mapping software xMind to open this map. Please however be aware that opening this file using another software besides MindManager will alter the formatting of the map. However, all content will be intact and the map can still be edited and reformatted to suit your purposes. This file is zipped and can be unzipped using file archiver software. We recommend you use the free open source 7-zip software.
For further details, please view the FAQ page.