The Addressing Client Concerns IQ Matrix explores how to address the concerns your client has about their life and circumstances. The mind map outlines how to address these concerns in a resourceful, structured, and creative way. The map specifically breaks down how to obtain a detailed account of your client’s story. It explores how to solve your client’s problems using metaphors. Using metaphors will shift how your client thinks about themselves, others, and about their circumstances. This, by itself, can become an incredibly transformative experience that leaves your client feeling empowered and motivated.
The map concludes by outlining how to awaken unconscious resources to help your client overcome their pressing problems. Working through this map will provide you with a stable life coaching foundation for addressing your client’s concerns.
Here is a quick breakdown of each branch of the Addressing Client Concerns mind map.
- Obtain Your Client’s Story: The first branch of this map outlines a process a life coach can use to help them obtain a detailed account of their client’s story, problems, and concerns. Understanding a client’s story will help you to address their needs far more effectively. It will also pave the way forward for the remainder of the life coaching session.
- Create a Metaphor for the Problem: The second branch of this map introduces a technique a life coach can use to help their client solve their problem using metaphors. Using metaphors during your coaching session will challenge your client to think creatively about their concerns. This will, subsequently, stimulate their imagination and help them to formulate adequate solutions. The four steps of this process include (1) identifying an emotional state or problem to work with, (2) attending to the client’s description of this experience, (3) pinpointing patterns and relationships to be used as part of the metaphor, and (4) challenging your client to create a metaphor.
- Awaken Your Client’s Unconscious Resources: The final branch of this map breaks down a robust life coaching process to help you empower your client. Moreover, it helps awaken unconscious resources your client can use to overcome pressing problems. The process takes a client through a hierarchy of resource levels that begin at the environmental level, then move to the behavioral, capability, psychological, identity, and conclude at the spiritual level. At each level, you are presented with numerous questions to ask your client. These questions will help guide your client through this process. The ultimate goal is, of course, to help reawaken unconscious resources they can use to overcome their problem.
This map provides a roadmap and framework for equipping your client with the mental strategies they need to overcome their life problems. Referencing it regularly and committing it to memory will help you to embed these concepts and ideas into your subconscious mind.
A mind map, of course, does this beautifully because it mirrors the synaptic connections made in your brain as you try to establish new habits of thought and behavior. It brings together key concepts and ideas that help your brain to fully integrate and process this information. The brain, subsequently, rewires itself as it attempts to establish new habits of mind. It’s an ideal tool for creating lasting change and transformation.
Stick with these guidelines, memorize, and incorporate them into your life coaching practice, and you will progressively develop a better understanding of how to address a client’s pressing problems and concerns.
When you purchase the Addressing Client Concerns IQ Matrix you will receive:
- A PDF copy of the IQ Matrix, which you can use for printing in high resolution.
- A JPG image file of the IQ Matrix, which is ideal for viewing on tablets and mobile devices.
- A Desktop Background version of the map you can use for reference on your computer.
- A MindManager file for those who wish to edit the content of the IQ Matrix.
- A printable PDF summary of this IQ Matrix to help you better understand each concept.
Additional visual resources and variations of this IQ Matrix might be added to your account page at no extra cost in the future.